• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Deep-freeze your food! But be careful, frozen food will take two days to thaw!

These items cannot be frozen:

-Dried foods

-Cooked foods

-Crockpot products

-Stale foods

-Spoiled foods

All other foods can be frozen - even if it's from another mod!

The Deep-freezer can be prototyped using the Alchemy Engine.

Ingredients:

-5 Boards

-5 Cut Stone

-2 Complex Machinery

The Complex Machinery component can be prototyped using the Alchemy Engine.

Ingredients:

-1 Gears

-1 Gold Nugget

This mod is All's Well That Maxwell compatable.

Created by Luminite2 and CaptainHammer314.

This is version 1.1, please let us know of any bugs you find.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

All,

If this mod is crashing for you, could you provide a bit more information? It seems to be working fine for me.

1. When does it crash: when initially running the game, when enabling the mod, or when loading/starting a save?

1b. If it crashes during gameplay, does a specific action cause a crash?

2. When it crashes, does it provide an error message? If so, what is it? (Take a screenshot if necessary)

I am having trouble reproducing the crash, so any information about what is causing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

when you load a game it automatically disables the mod even if it was enabled. Then when you go to mod menu it says crashed, automatically disabled

We are unable to reproduce the crash and need more information. What version of Don't Starve are you running? What other mods do you have enabled? If there is an error message, please let us know what it is. This would help us out immensely with fixing the problem.

I checked if by Disabling all my mods except your mod but it still crashes i am not sure what version i am running but i think it's 1.88173

Downloaded this MOD and was hoping to use it but haven't been able to get it running. I'm still playing All's Well (96692) so I didn't change the API. Went into the game, enabled it, went back to the main menu then back to Mods to make sure it stayed enabled. That went thru so I started a saved game, went thru the crafting tabs and couldn't find anything related to the freezer. So then I started a fresh game and still no dice.

Then I changed the API from 5 to 4, went about the process of starting a saved game, then a fresh game but still nothing. Checked out the LUA after starting the game, it recognized it, just can't find it anywhere.

Any chance I did something wrong? Maybe not playing well with other Mods? Here's what I had running:

Always On Status

Display Food Values

Backpack / Amulet

Mini map HUD

No Warning

Thanks for any help you can give me

I put my food in the freezer but it doesn't become frozen... It doesn't seem to spoil, but I don't have to wait for it to thaw and that seems kinda unbalanced

Just change the MOD API YOUR IDIOTS

From 5 to 4.

Well, it seems like some people don't understand what are you talking about)

Could you explain this for us, for idiots?) How can I change mod API?

This is easily done with a editing program. I use Notepad ++. It's free to download and easy to use.

Open up the mod folder and look for a file called "modinfo.lua".  Right click on the file and then "Edit with Notepad ++" or whatever you decide to use. Look for "api_version = ?" Simply delete the number (4 or 5) and replace with the other. Make sure you click on the "file" tab, upper left corner, then save. Should be set after that.

If you've updated the Standalone version and have the special Chesters or the DLC the API version will be 5... Older versions of the game will be 4.

Hope this helps.

This is easily done with a editing program. I use Notepad ++. It's free to download and easy to use.

Open up the mod folder and look for a file called "modinfo.lua".  Right click on the file and then "Edit with Notepad ++" or whatever you decide to use. Look for "api_version = ?" Simply delete the number (4 or 5) and replace with the other. Make sure you click on the "file" tab, upper left corner, then save. Should be set after that.

If you've updated the Standalone version and have the special Chesters or the DLC the API version will be 5... Older versions of the game will be 4.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That appeared to be really easy.)

It crashes the game with its 16.04 version. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong again?

I can build it as usually, but when I freeze 1st stack of food it displays a message about error:

data/scripts/components/inventorymoisture.lua(67,1) in function 'OnUpdate'

data/scipts/update.lua(104,1)

P.S.: there is no "inventorymoisture" file in "components" folder.

LucyFerrum, we just uploaded a version that should fix the problem you were having. Let us know if this fixes it for you.

It works correctly now and I didn't have neither to start a new game nor even build a new freezer. Thanks.)

I've been happily using this mod for a long time, however, I've noticed one major flaw. When you put even a single birchnut inside the deep freezer and close it, it displays the light blue tint over the birchnut. Yet, there is no percentage or "countdown" until it will thaw, rendering it frozen forever. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that it is an item that is placeable in an ice box, however, it lacks the food tag. I've thought of a solution. Perhaps you could add the food tag to the birchnut, but because it's texture looks rather pointy, make it deal roughly 3-5 damage or so to you when you eat it, making it an item that you can eat, but there's no use for you to, which will fix the compatibility issue with the deep freezer. Just a thought. Really like the mod by the way. :)

• Sad 1