• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Smarter Crock Pot 1.001

4 Screenshots

About This File

Do you find yourself confused over the many recipes the crock pot offers?

Do you need to check online before cooking?

This mod alters to Crock Pot to show you what you're going to cook,

without cooking it, saving you the time and from unfortunate mistakes.

See upfront even the expected spoilage.

in the game, when multiple recipes are available, the cooking product is chosen at random- now you can see every option before gambling.

--odds display as percentages removed due to critical bugs.

Compatible with DisplayFoodValues, for you to see the values of your cooking.

What's New in Version 1.001   See changelog

Released

• mod priority fixed mod compatibility.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It seems that the mod fails when you disable and reenable it. The crock pot bar is still as height as with the mod enabled but i don't see the additional slot or the preject button.

• Like 2

Small error, when there are multiple outcomes of food I believe that it doesnt pick it randomly, instead it picks foods by priority, otherwise there'd always be a chance to get wet goop

Small error, when there are multiple outcomes of food I believe that it doesnt pick it randomly, instead it picks foods by priority, otherwise there'd always be a chance to get wet goop

"not an error, a feature"

The game works the same way- it sorts all the valid recipes based on the priority, and the group with highet priority gets selected randomly. I cut/replicate the process in the middle, displaying the top priority group and the odds

( never saw any case of multiples other than baconandeggs+monsterlasagna. did you?)

if anyone could assist with sharing mod compatability issues (especially approving everything is ok), that would be great.

It seems that the mod fails when you disable and reenable it. The crock pot bar is still as height as with the mod enabled but i don't see the additional slot or the preject button.

are you sure that's how this is caused? an issue like this would have created more complaints by now. do you have any other mods? the part that you say is malfunctioning is the containerwidget.lua, try to see if any other mod overrides its (sadly,I do).

Smarter Crock Pot is the only mod that has a containerwidget.lua that i am using :)

Mods that i am using: architectural geometry, AshFertilizer, AutoCatch, Birdcage, BreakTheIce, DeepFreezer, DemBones, DisplayFoodValues, FarmingForLight, FishFarm, HF_rpgitems, Madman's Fighting Pack, MinimapHUD, modwebber2, NoWarning, RPG HUD, SmartCrockPot, wisteria

Nevermind i just figured out it's the fault of another mod i installed today. Disabled the other mod and this one is working just fine now. I will tell you if i get to any other problems after some deeper testing.

Latst Update: The mod fails to load on my existing game. I am in caves where i have no pot placed but as soon as i try to go to my base i get an error:

...rve/data/../mods/tap_mod/scripts/prefabs/cookpot.lua:142: attempt to call method 'OverrideAnimation' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        .../DontStarve/data/../mods/tap_mod/scripts/prefabs/cookpot.lua(142,1) in function 'oncontinuedone'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/components/stewer.lua(130,1) in function 'OnLoad'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(1161,1) in function 'SetPersistData'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(185,1) in function 'SpawnSaveRecord'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(562,1) in function 'PopulateWorld'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(757,1) in function 'DoInitGame'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(929,1) in function 'cb'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(372,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(349,1) in function 'GetSaveData'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(931,1) in function 'DoLoadWorld'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(66,1) in function 'Load'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1098,1) in function 'callback'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(418,1) in function 'Set'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(315,1)
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(313,1) in function 'Load'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1097,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'require'
        .../DontStarve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(637,1)

Edit: Worst problem is i cannot use my savefile at all now... >.<

The mod must not be used because it modifies some values which are going to be saved with the savefile. You will eventually get an error "value is not a number" or something like that in the stackable.lua from the game. Just play long enough and you will encounter this error. Made it to day 143 and then had to throw away my savefile...

• Thanks 1

The mod must not be used because it modifies some values which are going to be saved with the savefile. You will eventually get an error "value is not a number" or something like that in the stackable.lua from the game. Just play long enough and you will encounter this error. Made it to day 143 and then had to throw away my savefile...

Fixed.

How to salve your save game

open a chest to get an error and asks me to close the game or disable other mods. So only mod is activated.

Thanks at Google Translator.  :happypigs:

Have you fixed the error in the mod too? I already changed the file where the error occures on the first time i encountered the error. I didn't know what caused the problem at that time but i already added a number check back then. Unfortunately the game kept crashing on a different line then. You should really check which part of the mod is causing the wrong value.

Have you fixed the error in the mod too? I already changed the file where the error occures on the first time i encountered the error. I didn't know what caused the problem at that time but i already added a number check back then. Unfortunately the game kept crashing on a different line then. You should really check which part of the mod is causing the wrong value.

The error was called because I was saving values like "100%" (string) in the stackable(number) component( which I'd really hate to overwrite). I decided to not take any chances and disable that feature. I would have loved to fix that myself but the problem never occured for me and my info is based on one log. its possible to perhaps use a regular number or a fraction, but as the mod now grown, it scares me to try again.

If interested, the feature is now commented on lined 139,140. any risk takers may uncomment them and delete the "..%".

Note you must download the new version, recommended from steam if possible.

I sincerly hope everything is okay now, as I won't have much time to update.

Random crashes while opening containers from other mods.

...rkshop-222342168/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua:117: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'side_align_tip' (a nil value)
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-222342168/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(117,1) in function 'oldOpen'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-207427039/modmain.lua(764,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(156,1) in function 'OpenContainer'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/container.lua(232,1) in function 'Open'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/actions.lua(188,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1450,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(707,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    

It shows the crock pot's slot piece as longer, but doesn't show what I'll cook up when I enter 4 foods. Do you have a list of mods that might bw disturbing it working properly? I installed the 55 slot RPG version one because I have that enabled but it still doesn't work so I'm assuming it's one of the other mods I have. Any idea of which mods this thing doesn't work with?

/\ this is what I'm talking about.

Random crashes while opening containers from other mods.

...rkshop-222342168/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua:117: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'side_align_tip' (a nil value)

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-222342168/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(117,1) in function 'oldOpen'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-207427039/modmain.lua(764,1) in function 'Open'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(156,1) in function 'OpenContainer'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/container.lua(232,1) in function 'Open'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/actions.lua(188,1) in function 'fn'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1450,1) in function 'ontimeout'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)

scripts/frontend.lua(707,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    

I had similiar crash, probably from another mod activated, so I fixed this one:

--- SmartCrockPot/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua	2014-01-30 03:51:02.000000000 +0200+++ SmartCrockPot_fixed/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua	2014-02-18 00:11:33.076462952 +0200@@ -113,7 +113,7 @@  		slot:SetPosition(v) -		if not container.components.container.side_widget then+		if not container.components.container.side_widget and container.components.container.side_align_tip then 			slot.side_align_tip = container.components.container.side_align_tip - v.x 		end 		@@ -184,7 +184,7 @@ 		--give location 		slot:SetPosition(self.container.components.container.widgetutilslotpos[1]) -		if not self.container.components.container.side_widget then+		if not self.container.components.container.side_widget and self.container.components.container.side_align_tip then 			slot.side_align_tip = self.container.components.container.side_align_tip - self.container.components.container.widgetutilslotpos[1].x 		end 	end

Whatever... Just make this mod work with the others. It's not like it crashes for me, but it's like it doesn't exist with other mods activated!

Thanks so much for this mod, I love it - very useful.  I find it very frustrating to accidentally create wet goop, such that I was always checking the Wiki page before making anything.  It's much better being able to check in game, so now that I can I tend to experiment more rather than just browsing the Wiki recipes.

Thanks also to unixway, I was able to get the mod to work by applying his patch.  (Great username BTW; I'm a UNIX sysadmin myself :) )

If the author is still around it'd be awesome if it could get an update with that patch applied, and the API version updated etc - then everyone could enjoy it without needing to know how to patch files.  But it's working now for me anyhow, so thanks again!

awesome, this mod is definately really usefull. im gonna try it out when I play this game later today, thanks for the mod keep up the great work.  :)

I wish someone adapts this for Don't Starve Together.

Most of my friends I dragged into this game find these recipes very hard to memorize, and use only 1 or 2 recipes throughout the game.

• Sad 1