• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Please download this via steam (from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222076729) if you can. That way it will automatically update when I fix bugs and add new pets. If you get it from here you'll need to manually re-check this page yourself.

_____     _        |  __ \   | |       | |__) |__| |_ ___  |  ___/ _ \ __/ __| | |  |  __/ |_\__ \ |_|   \___|\__|___/  v0.7.1 [ALPHA]

--==>> Pets Readme

--==>> SteamWorkshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222076729

--==>> Download Page: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/457-pets/

==Now works with both both vanilla DS and RoG DLC!==

Finding the harsh world of Don't Starve a little lonely? Want a companion to share in the highs and lows of your journey? I did - so I added pets. Figured a few other people might be interested so here it is, uploaded for anyone to enjoy. Be warned though, your pets will need looking after. Still it's worth the effort to have a companion join you on your journey.

== HOW TO TAME:

- Feed a tameable wild animal 4 serves of a food they like and they'll be tamed. To feed an animal just place the food on the ground and let them eat it.

== Tameable animals:

···> Rabbit (winter & summer - once tamed your pet rabbit won't change colour with season)

···> Spider (only the regular spider currently, might add warrior/cave variants later)

···> Bat

···> Pengull

···> Hounds (regular, fire, ice)

···> Gobbler

···> Slurtle

···> Snurtle

== Fine details:

- Pets have both health and hunger, you will need to feed and heal them to keep them alive

- Mouse over them to get their hunger/health status

- Once tamed, pets no longer eat food off the ground, you have to feed them yourself (they're well trained)

- You can pickup your pet and carry it round in your bags (helpful to keep them from being killed in fights)

- When you feed your hungry pets you'll gain 5 sanity

- Every time your pet is attacked you'll lose 1 sanity

- If your pet dies you'll lose sanity. The older your pet the more sanity lost (20 for new pets, 100 after ~25 days)

- If you kill a wild animal of the same type as your pet you will lose 5 sanity

- Some (but not all) pets will help you fight like hired pigs do

- Tamed animals are smaller than their wild counterparts

== Future plans:

- Add ability to tame more animals

- Add tougher taming requirements for certain pets

- Increase the required food to keep bigger pets happy

- Add pet specific behaviours (find food/treasure, help chop trees or mine)

- Add rare spawn pet specific creatures like cats, for the ultimate in furry pet goodness

What's New in Version 0.6.7   See changelog

Released

• v0.6.7
  • - Pet bats now fly fast enough to keep up
  • - Added fire and ice hound pet varieties
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The link doesn't work?  It links to this page for me?  That text is just a cut+paste of the Readme.txt which links to this page.  There isn't any forum thread as such, just this page.

Oh, I thought it lead to a topic on the mod. By the way, I noticed when you have the spider, and you inpect it, the character calls it a pet bat.

There must be a bug or something becasue for some reason some of the time I can pick up the rabbit, and sometimes it just inspects it. Also, I think when you murder your pet you should lose some sanity.

imo petting hounds should be difficult, like you should build cages and feed them for few days, after those few days it will be a worthy component

• Like 1

ze mod dont work for me. and just a suggestions. add some more pets. like beefalo and uneatable mandrake

• Like 2

ze mod dont work for me. and just a suggestions. add some more pets. like beefalo and uneatable mandrake

What doesn't work?  Can you post the error?

love the idea of the mod but you should make a slurper tameable, he could be weak but give you a light sorce, kind of

love the idea of the mod but you should make a slurper tameable, he could be weak but give you a light sorce, kind of

The very first item on my "Future Plans" list is "Add ability to tame more animals" :D

Sounds funny. I'll try it. By the way, can we tame Tree Guards? Nah, I'm kiding.
Just gat an idea. What if those pets had some aura? For exemple Cold Resistance aura for the Pingull pet, Sanity Aura for the Rabbit, or Insanity Aura for the Spider.

• Like 1

Sounds interesing, I will test this mod. Can you add taming all types of spiders? They are my favourite animals.

I know it would be so op and you probably won't do it but add a tameable deerclops and he doesn't smash your stuff maybe like 40 meat or something

Hey can you please write, own what food i need to give, like.

Spiders = XXXXX (I dont know what they like.)

that would be very helpfull.

Also thank you for making, this awesome mod. :D

Can you give a LIST of what the animals eat? Probably something looking like this.

Rabbit = Carrot

Spider = ?

Pengull = ?

Ect.

Rabbit= Carroot

Spider=Monster meat

Pengull=Fish

Gobbler-Berries

Can someone  say me how to tame other animals?