• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Sample Tech Branch (RoG compatible) 2.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

Sample mod showing how to add a custom tech branch. In this example, the fire pit is used as the prototyper for a recipe of rocks (in the Magic tab).

Due to a game change made to have recipes not requiring a prototyping structure cease to be prototypable (see this), unfortunately it was necessary to override the method Builder:KnowsRecipe() from the Builder component. More generally, the hardcoded logic in the Builder component prevented this implementation from being as clean and simple as I'd like. It is functional, nevertheless.

Thanks to Heavenfall for originally looking into this.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sooo... does this make the RTS mod idea easier to accomplish? I'm trying to wrap my head around the uses of your work here.

Sooo... does this make the RTS mod idea easier to accomplish? I'm trying to wrap my head around the uses of your work here.

This relates to crafting tech trees. I'm not sure they'd do much good to an RTS-style tech tree, a custom implementation would probably suit that idea better.

Might wanna tell Cheerio about this, I'm sure he'd love to link it in the Samples and Guides thread.

While that nasty Builder:KnowsRecipe() override remains necessary, I'd rather not have it there...

Hi everyone!

This is exciting!

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but through this mod, how would one go about removing the ability to learn custom recipes so that they always needed the new prototyper to craft them?

or is this even possible?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but this is for a DST mod.

Here is a link to the topic for more info.