• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Crafting Pause 1.2

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod is pretty simple, it simply makes sure the game is paused when you look through the recipes.

I hope you guys like it. Let me know if there are any bugs. I'll try to fix them in a timely manner.

People pointed me to an other mod Relaxed Crafting that aims to do the same thing. I didn't notice it when I first made the mod. I seem to have a few issues with that mod. Pertaining to use the CapsLock key. It doesn't always seem to pause the game :S.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/340-relaxed-crafting/

It seems like that mod also aims at saving your clock time for other time consuming things. I don't have any plans for adding similar features just yet. So take this mod as "one less feature". That way, you can have a choice in what you enable :grin:.

Mod Download Page: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/390-crafting-pause/

Steam Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195965657

github page: https://github.com/hmaarrfk/crafting_pause_dont_starve

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• I made it work with the mouse hover as well.
  • 1.2 -- Updated to work with RoG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If it is "crafting pause", what is this?

Probably the same thing. I didn't notice it through the myriad of mods.

Good catch

It seems like it is the same concept, but mine is every so slightly different. It only works with the CapsLock key (probably the only way to open it with a Controller). That mod seems to pause it as well with the mouse.

I would have saved a few hours if I had found Relaxed Crafting. 

Ok,I just interested  :wilsconnivingsmile:

• Like 2

Good catch

It seems like it is the same concept, but mine is every so slightly different. It only works with the CapsLock key (probably the only way to open it with a Controller). That mod seems to pause it as well with the mouse.

Good catch

Áhá.

So I ended up noticing a few bugs with "Relaxed Crafting", especially opening crafting with Escape (he pauses the game differently than I do).

If the other one does too much (aka pauses during opening containers), then maybe just give this one a try.

To even things out I've noticed more severe bug in this one rather than Relaxed Crafting which is totally OK for me. With this one the things are not instantly built when clicked on just like it's suppposed to work you have to actually hit Build button which is annoying.

I've been preferring this over the Relaxed Crafting mod.  Mainly because I've been playing controller only.  Relaxed Crafting pauses on item placement also and acts a little wonky with controller where placing items won't work unless you move your character a slight bit.

Was just getting into the game and looking for something that would allow a near vanilla play style and pause when the craft screen is open.  This fits perfect and give a new player like myself time to look through the menus.