• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wunt, the extraterrestrial 4.2.0 (Dank edition)

4 Screenshots

About This File

[iNCOMPLETE MOD]

NOTE: CURRENTLY, THIS MOD IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH REIGN OF GIANTS. A REGULAR DON'T STARVE VERSION WILL BE CREATED AFTER THE MOD'S COMPLETION.

Adds Wunt, the extraterrestrial, as a playable character. Wunt is an alien who, while frail in bodily aspects, makes up for it in his knowledge of alien creations. Wunt's most defining aspect is his ability to construct upgradable turrets that do his fighting for him, whereas other characters only have access to the houndius shootius. As with all aliens, Wunt can be incredibly dank at times, so anticipate the rare dank outburst of memery.

Stats:

Health: 100

Hunger: 150

Sanity: 420

Perks:

*More brains than brawn:

-Wunt has lower base health than most other characters (tied for 2nd lowest with 0-upgrade WX-78)

-Wunt has a *0.75 damage modifier (this is the same as Wendy's)

-Wunt has ridiculously high base sanity (the highest in the game, at 420)

*Can create alien constructs:

-Wunt has the ability to build structures unique to himself. These mostly consist of turrets with various effects and tiers up to 4. Effects include dealing damage, setting things on fire, freezing, summoning lightning, and so on based on turret. [uNFINISHED] (Currently, only a few turrets are implemented; they have no animations besides idle, and they use the houndius shootius projectile visual).

[Effete Turret 1.0]: A fragile, low tier turret; nearly useless on its own, but can be upgraded into more effective versions. Crafted from 3 boards, 2 gears, and 4 gold. This turret has 75 health and fires projectiles that deal 15 damage once every 3 seconds.

[Efulging Turret 2.0]: A more durable turret made from an Effete Turret 1.0, 2 marble, and 10 light bulbs. This turret has 175 health and fires projectiles that deal 25 damage once every 3 seconds.

[Mindminer 2000]: A machine that extracts the brain fluids of rabbits, moleworms, and birds in a manner similar to drying racks, producing brain juice that restores 30 sanity, 10 hunger, and 3 health, after one day. These cost 2 gears, 2 cut stone, and 2 electrical doodads to build.

*Equipped with alien weaponry:

-Wunt starts with a Mindcutter V. 4.2 in his inventory. This is a ranged weapon that creates projectiles dealing damage equal to 25% of Wunt's current sanity. The Mindcutter does not have ammo, but is instead fueled by Wunt's sanity, draining him of 15 sanity per use. For balance reasons, the mindcutter has a slightly lower attackspeed than other weapons. (I may have gone a bit overboard with the nerfs, might increase its range or increase its attackspeed if it turns out to be too weak).

To do:

-Finish writing Wunt's speech lines.

-Finish implementing all turrets.

-Make actual animations.

-Create big selectscreen portrait.

-Update sound effects.

What's New in Version 4.2.0 (Dank edition)   See changelog

Released

• Mindminer 2000 now works properly
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the Mindcutter to disappear after leaving the game

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

its not working y is that?

Right now it only works with reign of giants dlc, if you're playing regular it will crash. If that's the case, don't worry, I will make a regular don't starve version after I'm done making this.

This is one of the more promising mods here and I've had a great time playing it as of now, thank you and I'm looking VERY forward to the updates and any other mods you make. ;)

Sorry about this, but I'm pretty dumb. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and put everything that was unzipped into the mods folder. Nothing happened, he isn't showing up in the character menu select. Suggestions?

Sorry about this, but I'm pretty dumb. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and put everything that was unzipped into the mods folder. Nothing happened, he isn't showing up in the character menu select. Suggestions?

Did you activate the mod? When you open don't starve, you need to click the "mods" button and activate any mods you'd like to use.