• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Don't Starve Together: More Maps 1.3

2 Screenshots

About This File

A Don't Starve Together Worldgen Mod.

Open to suggestions for improvements to the existing maps and/or ideas for new maps.

Seriously. suggest some maps.

To clarify: I'm looking for suggestions of the type "a map that does X" or "a map that has Y" not suggestions like "make earth in dst" due to the random nature of world generation, it's possible to get a general shape, but not a specific one, like "earth"

Information:

• Maps:
    • Archipelago, a wormhole centric island survival map
    • Biosphere, A map where each biome is a circle connected by a bridge
    • HubVille, A map with a crappy winter start in a resource rich hub, followed by an endless summer, Your goal is to grab the teleportato pieces from the dangerous lands outside, and tame the world. Based on "The Game is Afoot"
    • Ring, typically generates a single ring, but can sometimes generate a double, or even a triple ring!
    • Island Survival, try to survive on a tiny island with scarce resources especially difficult with friends

[*]To Do:

• Add more worldgen options
    • Work on maze like challenge world setting

[*]Installation:

• Toss in \Don't Starve Together Beta\mods
    • Activate mod in don't starve together
    • Clients do not need to have the mod to play on a custom map.

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

• Added two new worldgen modes
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Have a suggestion. A wormhole-centric map. Portal spawns in the center of a small island with some paltry resources and nature stuff, and a series of wormholes that lead to different small islands with thematic resources.

For example, one island could be full of nothing but pigs and pig guards, another could have lots of rocks and gold rocks, along with some tallbirds, another one a massive savannah full of grass, another one nothing but chess areas, so on so forth.

• Like 1

Have a suggestion. A wormhole-centric map. Portal spawns in the center of a small island with some paltry resources and nature stuff, and a series of wormholes that lead to different small islands with thematic resources.

For example, one island could be full of nothing but pigs and pig guards, another could have lots of rocks and gold rocks, along with some tallbirds, another one a massive savannah full of grass, another one nothing but chess areas, so on so forth.

Can you help me out here and explain how that differs from archipelago? Those are interesting islands to include in archipelago, however, and I'm definitely going to include a couple of those, but for example:

• lots of rocks and gold rocks,
  • a massive savannah full of grass,
  • nothing but chess areas, so on so forth.

I already have those three in Archipelago

Definitely noting these to add these two things though, they're cool.

• one island could be full of nothing but pigs and pig guards,

already have an island with the pig king and some pigs, but the guards would be great, as you would have to "reclaim" the island

• along with some tallbirds,

I have the rocks, forgot the tallbirds

Hi, I don't know if this is doable (I'm not a mod creator) but maybe you can create a labyrinth map, where you have chests with different stuff (i.e backpack, helmet, log suit) and fireplaces like checkpoints. Monsters in certain key areas where you have a tree zone, a food zone, a science machine, alchemy machine, resurrection place etc. and you need to claim it in order to survive. You can also add caves, wormholes for variety. I don't have all the plan figured it out ( just an idea) . The goal is to find the portal of course and escape or just be labyrinth survivor.  

If you want to make the player stay longer in the labyrinth add Obelisks, so they will get in areas only if they have low or high sanity (add mushrooms or sanity increasing items that will help them) :-)

• Like 2

Hi, I don't know if this is doable (I'm not a mod creator) but maybe you can create a labyrinth map, where you have chests with different stuff (i.e backpack, helmet, log suit) and fireplaces like checkpoints. Monsters in certain key areas where you have a tree zone, a food zone, a science machine, alchemy machine, resurrection place etc. and you need to claim it in order to survive. You can also add caves, wormholes for variety. I don't have all the plan figured it out ( just an idea) . The goal is to find the portal of course and escape or just be labyrinth survivor.  

If you want to make the player stay longer in the labyrinth add Obelisks, so they will get in areas only if they have low or high sanity (add mushrooms or sanity increasing items that will help them) :-)

That sounds doable, though I haven't done much with the labyrinth code yet. I'll look into it tomorrow, and see what I can do.

I'm just wondering, but is there a regular Don't Starve/RoG version of this?

I plan on releasing one in less than a week

Biosphere, bug Can not be combined with mods Other

Care to elaborate on that?

I plan on releasing one in less than a week

Glad to hear that~ ^.^

Also here are a few ideas for other map types:

Checker Board - Makes Islands that form biomes in a Checkerboard style (as in 2 or more biomes repeating a square pattern).

Donut - Makes a single, large island that circles around (kinda like Land Loop set to Always with Land Branch set to never), but the land reconnects at the 'ends' (forming a actual donut).

Is it possible to throw in hound mounds into the worldgen? Would really love a map where, the area you start off with has only enough to survive minimally and uncomfortably--however, the more you progress through the map, resources are tied to danger. I know you've got a similar one where different areas have themes, but I'm more suggesting a map for those who really want an ongoing challenge to meet the quota (but not one that's just barren all over that doesn't have that balance of combat).

Is it possible to throw in hound mounds into the worldgen? Would really love a map where, the area you start off with has only enough to survive minimally and uncomfortably--however, the more you progress through the map, resources are tied to danger. I know you've got a similar one where different areas have themes, but I'm more suggesting a map for those who really want an ongoing challenge to meet the quota (but not one that's just barren all over that doesn't have that balance of combat).

Not sure how big I could make a map like that and keep the theme of a minimalist world, maybe I could add one with hound mounds and a spider forest, change the pigs on the island to the pig guards, etc, so that you really have to combat what's on the island. I'd like to hear more about this thought, if you'd care to PM me

Glad to hear that~ ^.^

Also here are a few ideas for other map types:

Checker Board - Makes Islands that form biomes in a Checkerboard style (as in 2 or more biomes repeating a square pattern).

Donut - Makes a single, large island that circles around (kinda like Land Loop set to Always with Land Branch set to never), but the land reconnects at the 'ends' (forming a actual donut).

Bit late on this comment, but Donut has been added!

Hey I love the survival island idea. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a separate survival island preset with one wormhole that goes to a separate island that is full of all the cave biomes that haven't been implemented yet but above ground. Possibly might have to be made with Sarcen's extended map generation I guess, depending on how much work was needed for those to be workable in don't starve together. Then I could sort of kid myself that the wormhole is like a cave and I am underground :D

Hey I love the survival island idea. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a separate survival island preset with one wormhole that goes to a separate island that is full of all the cave biomes that haven't been implemented yet but above ground. Possibly might have to be made with Sarcen's extended map generation I guess, depending on how much work was needed for those to be workable in don't starve together. Then I could sort of kid myself that the wormhole is like a cave and I am underground :grin:

I tried that in one of the earlier builds before I released it, but I really didn't like it, because without the sanity loss and constant night, getting those items is really easy. Also cave assets look really awkward above ground, though that may just be my opinion there.

This mod looks 100/10

can't wait for it to be for vanilla DS!

Base game support is in! Working on adding teleportato pieces later tonight!

• Like 1

can you do a map with oceans removed or a giant land mass with no water breaks except for a surrounding ocean, basically a giant island

Not sure how big I could make a map like that and keep the theme of a minimalist world, maybe I could add one with hound mounds and a spider forest, change the pigs on the island to the pig guards, etc, so that you really have to combat what's on the island. I'd like to hear more about this thought, if you'd care to PM me

Bit late on this comment, but Donut has been added!

So you can comment on here, but not in the PM where i need help? k

So you can comment on here, but not in the PM where i need help? k

Sorry about that, I didn't get the notification!

But it just occurred to me what your issue might be! This is the DST page! The base game page is thataway!

can you do a map with oceans removed or a giant land mass with no water breaks except for a surrounding ocean, basically a giant island

I've tried this before, but didn't really get anywhere with it, the worldgen really likes to break off (like you see in a default map). I'll see if I can make more progress than I did last time though, I've learned a few new tricks.

Those are an incredibly creative piece of work. I especially like the biosphere map.

I have a suggestion: spiderden doesn't seem to exist outside the spider-forest biome, which makes silk very difficult to obtain at the beginning. Can you add some spiderdens in other biomes too. (I'm reluctant to set spiders to "more")

I couldn't find any clockwork setpiece either.

Those are an incredibly creative piece of work. I especially like the biosphere map.

I have a suggestion: spiderden doesn't seem to exist outside the spider-forest biome, which makes silk very difficult to obtain at the beginning. Can you add some spiderdens in other biomes too. (I'm reluctant to set spiders to "more")

I couldn't find any clockwork setpiece either.

You couldn't find any clockworks, because they were disabled on that map for testing and I never got around to re-enabling them. I'd be interested in hearing more suggestions about that map via pm, it's really not well balanced.

hpw about a map that would look kind of like a pyramid. in the middle of which there would be 2-3 wormholes. to one side, the game would get harder and harder(from plains to forest, through swamp to desert) and on the other sides(starboard and port) there would be rocklands and savannah. with a graveyard in the back.

possibly with a good amount of set pieces going to harder difficulties.

I am unsure wheither or not this mod is still being developed, but my game does not show any additional options in the world generation settings, and when I try to generate the world, the game just crashes. Is there an explanation for this?