Recommended Posts

Ted n Emily    6

Would any one be interested in some custom scenarios?  I just love playing in debug mode.  If so, what kind of scenarios would you be interested in?

I have a few ideas of my own, I am working on one now called "it's raining seeds and bugs" if anyone is interest.

If it sounds interesting and some one would like to try some, please leave a post here :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sevio    26

Could have a challenge where almost everything except the starting area is very cold or hot!

You could also add voids to the map as an exploration hazard or separate useful resources from the starting area with void, forcing duplicants to brave it to get to the resources.

I've played quite a bit with debug mode for testing purposes but I'm wondering, how would you deal with debris in your custom scenario? Lots of stuff will fall out of the world while you clear and rework it, like plant seeds and crops. I haven't found a way to delete items. (or spawn them, like wheezeworts) You can bury them in terrain but they'll just be available for digging out again later. Unless you drop it all to the bottom of the map, bury it and block access with neutronium I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moggles    78
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sevio said:

You could also add voids to the map as an exploration hazard or separate useful resources from the starting area with void, forcing duplicants to brave it to get to the resources.

9 hours ago, Sevio said:

I've played quite a bit with debug mode for testing purposes but I'm wondering, how would you deal with debris in your custom scenario? 

 

Could you void out the waste from the remodelling?

Edit: Yes please @Ted n Emily if you can make some epic start maps I would play them.

Edited by Moggles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moggles    78

I would love to see some creative people come out and post some custom cycle 0 maps.

Someone make Zebes lol 

zebes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sevio    26
Posted (edited)

Well, I don't know what exactly gets eaten by void tiles. I thought it was only gases, maybe it also eats liquid or items?

After some testing, I can confirm that void tiles do eat liquid that falls on to them. So anything that you can liquefy can be deleted by feeding it to void. Or just painting over it I suppose.

Edited by Sevio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ted n Emily    6
On 7/13/2017 at 4:49 AM, Sevio said:

Could have a challenge where almost everything except the starting area is very cold or hot!

You could also add voids to the map as an exploration hazard or separate useful resources from the starting area with void, forcing duplicants to brave it to get to the resources.

I've played quite a bit with debug mode for testing purposes but I'm wondering, how would you deal with debris in your custom scenario? Lots of stuff will fall out of the world while you clear and rework it, like plant seeds and crops. I haven't found a way to delete items. (or spawn them, like wheezeworts) You can bury them in terrain but they'll just be available for digging out again later. Unless you drop it all to the bottom of the map, bury it and block access with neutronium I suppose.

Yes, that would be easy to do, to make some areas hot or cold, to get stuff to fall from the sky you just bury them in 1Kg of Oxalite, and when it sublimated, what ever is burried in it fall, hence the scenaro  'it's raining bugs and seed'.  hehe.

 

There is all kinds of tricks  you can use to move things around, for instance, if you have too much stuff on the ground, repeately make tile under them, that raises them up.   To get rid of a bunch of stuff on ground, I dig up a section under it, then destrust and rebuild the tiles they were sitting on and then bury them in the deep levels.

 

Everything is transportable, so I could for  instance put 6 natural gas gysers beside each other, or what ever, I could put all the plants together to make a nice garden.

 

To make cold or hot spots, I usually bury a 1,000,000Km Diamond (diamonds transfer heat the best) some where and in 10 to 20 cycles the area around them is very hot or cold, then, change the diamond to a 1Km algae and it's all good

 

VOIDS are more  for sucking up bad air,  and liquids, if you put one in the middle of a ladder, you don't see the ladder, but it is still there and can be used by the dups.after time, they dissapear, but there are may other hazards I can create

Being able to use neutrinion or unobtanium is of great use since you can not dig through it or destroy it, give rise to future maze scenarios!

 

Also hava another idea where you have to rescue some Dups straned on a dessert island, by way of secret tunnel ?!?!?

I really wish I could leave sign posts along the way in the game

 

Here are some hints and tips using debug:

if you paint an entire section with say coal, and then paint it with 'vaccuum' it will remove all the coal but leave the plants and animals at the bottom! BUT, this will make the temp of the section the same temp of the coal you made

if you want the temp to stay the same as it was before, paint it with 'sand' then again remove it with 'vaccuum', the area will be the same temp as it was before you effected it.

 

when using PAINT, alway set the mass and the temperature, and I usually uncheck the 'effect building' even so, I have noticed that if I do a mass dig, and there is a building or tiles in it, the change to a white color and are no longer there even though you can see them, you need to deconstruct them and build them again.

 

WEll you have given me some good ideas, I will continue on my 'raining seeds' and desert rescue scenario, and see what I can do about the termperate one for you, I am also working on a 6K Watt work lab that will include most of the gasses, and some not listed in the non debug play mode.

If anyone has more ideas, I would love to hear them.   Wish there were a way to reset the Cycle counter back to zero for when I am done and it is ready to go.

Ted

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noisycat    3

When I'm home I'll try to write a tool that resets cycle to zero

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Threehorns    15

you could make a custom map with a water reservoir as timer.

  • Gain time, by building blockage with ...
  • Natural overflow mechanism (unblockable)
  • Mine and build ladders to escape rooms
  • Skill up to speed up your toon (specialize mining or building)
  • etc ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now