have actual pipes for gas or fluid like the power pressure ones

So the 2 switches in the power line are really neat but I find they are not so useful since they cannot detect what type of pressure is built up oxygen or polluted, or carbon, ect.

But even with that, I cant see of a way to use those for this situation.

The only thing I can see how to achieve what  I want is to use a valve and keep micro managing it from 0 to some other number.

But I often find the dups are not wanting to change requested valves unless everything on the map is set to 4 or less when you got a big base going.

So the way I set this up is the water pump in the clean water is disabled, only used it to get myself going and setup.

The pump in the polluted water is only in a shallow part on top so it will wait for the water level stored to catch up from the natural gas system.

But now that the clean water pipes are all backed up the purifier only cleans what my base actually needs.

I am trying to not waste power on the polluted water pump as I have a drain on that line going to the pool because the fertilizer makers are not fast enough to keep up with all the created flow when the air scrubbers are going hard.

What this needs is a way to add something at the scribble marked here that will only let fluid through if the pipe is starting to backup from the fertilizer makers not being able to keep up.

Else I am just splitting the water and re pumping it back into the line.

Hope this makes sense, but its more of a trying to be very optimal on my flow and power consumption's.

0425b377a88bdf98ede1e39739d5098d.jpg
https://gyazo.com/0425b377a88bdf98ede1e39739d5098d

Thanks.

You can solve that with bridges, they will only feed if the pipe is free on the output.

So start your pipe to the purifier from the output of a bridge pulling from the doodle point and put the output of the bridge from the pump some tiles further down (as a buffer to block the pump a bit longer).

5 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

You can solve that with bridges, they will only feed if the pipe is free on the output.

So start your pipe to the purifier from the output of a bridge pulling from the doodle point and put the output of the bridge from the pump some tiles further down (as a buffer to block the pump a bit longer).

its not the line to the purifier i want to block like this its the line to the drainage release I want to have not valid until there is backup.

Basically I only want to allow the drainage outlet to drop fluid if the lines are so backed up that the toilets and shower and air scrubbers cannot do there job.

If the pipes are not backed up to that point, im just draining it in the resevwar only to get re pumped back out.

If I understand you right, you can achieve satisfactrory functionality with this setup:

eQYTQku.jpg

Polluted water from your base is coming from the right in the bottom pipe. The bridge acts as a priority joint, sending the incoming water through the bridge if possible, and only letting it continue through the pipe if the bridge is blocked. 

Behind the bridge, there's a pipe buffer. It's there so that there's a reserve to be processed before the pump is used.

The bridge from the pump will only start adding water towards the purifier and using power to run the pump if even the buffer gets empty.

The water from the base will only start flowing to the vent if the buffer gets full.

The only way to use your pipes from lavatories/showers as a buffer is when you make the branch towards the vent right behind the showers/lavatories. It's not very practical as you need to draw more pipes through the base. It's better to keep pipes in your base empty and ready to use and have sufficiently large pipe buffer at some convenient place.

Wo

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

If I understand you right, you can achieve satisfactrory functionality with this setup:

eQYTQku.jpg

Polluted water from your base is coming from the right in the bottom pipe. The bridge acts as a priority joint, sending the incoming water through the bridge if possible, and only letting it continue through the pipe if the bridge is blocked. 

Behind the bridge, there's a pipe buffer. It's there so that there's a reserve to be processed before the pump is used.

The bridge from the pump will only start adding water towards the purifier if even the buffer gets empty.

The only way to use your pipes from lavatories/showers as a buffer is when you make the branch towards the vent right behind the showers/lavatories. It's not very practical as you need to draw more pipes through the base. It's better to keep pipes in your base empty and ready to use and have sufficiently large pipe buffer at some convenient place.

I am not sure if I am explaining my goal very clearly.

Basically with your example, if you build 2 polluted water users, and 2 polluted water makers on that line.

So, the 2 blue boxes could be either a toilet or shower or air scrubber, they use the clean water from the purifier,So that clean water line being backed up is desired, so you don't generate more clean water than is needed.

But the actual goal i'm trying to solve is the one with the pump and the outlet valve.

The GOAL! is to have that pump NEVER! run.

The pit for the water and that pump is only meant to be a backup in-case the lines run dry.

So what i want is to have the fluid only go there if the pipe where i marked between the blue and black boxes is backed up to the point those blue boxes cannot run cause of the backup, cause toilet, shower, air scrubber, all these need to be running full time, but I don't want to put there output in the pit if the system can keep up.

The valve and pump is only desired to exist as a fail safe, for a more automated system.

The spot i pointed to in red, will never be backed up unless the pit is to full for that outlet to work.

which if it is, then the whole system would be backed up to the point it would act as if that fail safe pit didn't exist.

fa2e04350b17dc9fcde3ff382ad1c784.png
https://gyazo.com/fa2e04350b17dc9fcde3ff382ad1c784

so that's kinda what i was saying where i put a fluid valve just after the bridge i pointed to in red, and then turn it to 0 so it blocks all flow.

Then make it some random number when i'm backed up to release the pressure, then close it again.

34 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

Over sufficiently long time, your base is either creating more polluted water than it can use, or less of it. If you make the buffer large enough, this trend will rule the use and either the pump will run time to time, or the vent will be used time to time. You don't need or want your lavatories or showers out of order.

19 hours ago, MythN7 said:

Wo

I am not sure if I am explaining my goal very clearly.

Basically with your example, if you build 2 polluted water users, and 2 polluted water makers on that line.

So, the 2 blue boxes could be either a toilet or shower or air scrubber, they use the clean water from the purifier,So that clean water line being backed up is desired, so you don't generate more clean water than is needed.

But the actual goal i'm trying to solve is the one with the pump and the outlet valve.

The pit for the water and that pump is only meant to be a backup in-case the lines run dry.

So what i want is to have the fluid only go there if the pipe where i marked between the blue and black boxes is backed up to the point those blue boxes cannot run cause of the backup, cause toilet, shower, air scrubber, all these need to be running full time, but I don't want to put there output in the pit if the system can keep up.

The valve and pump is only desired to exist as a fail safe, for a more automated system.

The spot i pointed to in red, will never be backed up unless the pit is to full for that outlet to work.

which if it is, then the whole system would be backed up to the point it would act as if that fail safe pit didn't exist.

fa2e04350b17dc9fcde3ff382ad1c784.png
https://gyazo.com/fa2e04350b17dc9fcde3ff382ad1c784

so that's kinda what i was saying where i put a fluid valve just after the bridge i pointed to in red, and then turn it to 0 so it blocks all flow.

Then make it some random number when i'm backed up to release the pressure, then close it again.

https://gyazo.com/bf48fbb00fcb1bb2d27828e8081ecf4b

Here is a animated GIF to show, yes this setup will actually work, I dident know the bridges worked like that, I  thought they just allowed you to hop a space and made flow just like a normal pipe.

So in this clip, once my water lock is full I will detach the pipe connected to the main pump going into the branch so that the purifier is all that can feed it.  This way any water that gets taken somehow can get re filled from the outlet that is submerged.

https://gyazo.com/b401d9a8c3f33064e4290ef66c675a8f

And here is a clip of the polluted water not being split, wow, your solution is perfect, and i just dident see that cause i always thought after over 100 hours of play the branch just split the water cause I try to never have an in or out node on my arrows have multiple forks, cause i was getting alot of the flow going back and forth between 2 tiles.

Archived