Why is my Wire Strained

HI, I cant figure out why my circuit is strained when I have full power coming from my transformer "backbone". I should be getting 1000W for the circuit but it says it is strained and it won't operate at full efficiency. Did I not set up the power correctly?

strained_wire1.jpg

It looks fine to me. Does something not work on it besides the yellow color of the wire? I have every single wire behind a transformer yellow in my colony and everything works. The yellow color has no practical meaning at moment in my experience.

I would say its wire bridges but since you dont have any in there - power grid in general is wonky

Why wire bridges? I have a 960w pile of consumers on a separate transformer, the moment i added a wire bridge into that going over a heavy watt wire it starts acting up, the wire bridge as well as the wires behind "overload damage"...pffht

46 minutes ago, Palpetinus said:

I have noticed that Transformers seem to provide power irregularly. Put a battery onto the circuit and that'll solve everything.

Additionally to that, it also seems like circuits in this game seem to hate open, unused ends. Cut the wires wherever they are not needed. It is to be further kept in mind that pumps, be it liquid or gas, put a large strain on circuits. You should not add too many more things to that circuit anymore.

They say strained because the game does not see a generator on that local circuit, thus it thinks there isn't enough power to run everything you have on that circuit.  As far as the game is concerned, it doesn't count transformers as a generator.  More like a quasi battery that runs one-way and only has a 1000 joule storage. 

Archived