I can't install the game

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Spider2430 said:

Try right clicking on it and see if there is a install thing, also are you running a stable version of steam or a beta version?

Have you tried using your browser? If all else fails you might just have to write to Steam for help.

The only other instances I found of this was if you had the game before its release date, which isn't possible, or if you you're not using Windows. Are you on Mac/Linux?

Btw, to mention people, just put a "@" and type their name, then click on the account that shows up.

@ImDaMisterL I've tried using my browser, but it didn't work.

But that thing you've said about release dates... that might actually be the case.

See, when I press the "store page" button in the library, it brings me to the normal games storepage, not the alphas one. The difference is that you can buy the alpha one, but the normal one just says "when it's ready". So I think steam just connected the game in my library with the unreleased "Oxigen not encluded", so I can't install it.

• Developer
1 minute ago, abel2000sok said:

See, when I press the "store page" button in the library, it brings me to the normal games storepage, not the alphas one. The difference is that you can buy the alpha one, but the normal one just says "when it's ready". So I think steam just connected the game in my library with the unreleased "Oxigen not encluded", so I can't install it.

It could be so... if that's the case, try contacting Klei explaining you issue, I'm sure they'll know what to do.

Here's their email support page: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

It could be so... if that's the case, try contacting Klei explaining you issue, I'm sure they'll know what to do.

Here's their email support page: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Luckily, I already did that about an hour ago. So far they didn't respond, but they're probably busy, so I won't expect them to respond untill tomorrow.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, abel2000sok said:

Luckily, I already did that about an hour ago. So far they didn't respond, but they're probably busy, so I won't expect them to respond untill tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure you'll get a response until Monday. Good luck with everything, I hope your problem gets solved soon!

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

5 minutes ago, abel2000sok said:

@ImDaMisterL @Spider2430

so, I've tried to get some help from steam support and... "This product is currently unreleased and will not be shown in your library. Check the Steam Store page for more information as to exactly when it will be available to play!"

...yeah...

Lol, well that answered that, just wait on klei they will fix it for you

@abel2000sok

Sometimes people attempt to buy a game, but Steam may put the purchase on hold or there is some other payment issue that stopped the purchase from going through. Unfortunately we don't have any means to verify the purchase or otherwise investigate why it may not be showing for you. But I can tell you how to verify the purchase. 

In steam, in the top right corner of the page, click on your login name and choose "Account Details"

When you get to the next page, under "Store and Purchase History" choose "View Purchase History"

Verify that the purchase completed there. 

Outside of that, this would be a steam related issue and there isn't much we can do outside of the suggestions above. 

If you DO see the purchase, take a screenshot and contact Valve support again. Provide the screenshot and explain that the alpha is purchasable. 

17 minutes ago, JoeW said:

@abel2000sok 2 things. 

Can you reply to your ticket with a screenshot of the purchase in your purchase history?

Also can you right click on the game in your library and choose play there?

Here's the screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/SB3kA

And I can right click on the game, but I says that:"Oxygen Not Included is not available on your current platform"

Archived