Multiphase flow

Cant wait for the game tommorow :D
But I was thinking and had a pretty fun idea, which however could be costly to implement (high simulation time)

How about multiphase flow, I mean you could store for example CO2 into porous media and extract oil which is trapped by injecting steam. Some kind of injector and extractor machine could be useful for that.

As I said, high simulation time, but with enough simplifications (only 2 phases, two components, only a few tiles which have porosity, and so on) you could run it in real time.

I like it, i really hope we get to see some advanced physics and play with it in this game. Infiltrating materials (most likely dirt) would be very interesting. 

With this mechanic, they could even make "rain", where basically it starts raining on the surface and then water infiltrates, eventually coming down from the ceiling and disrupting your base if you didn't build a waterproof roof. 

7 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

I like it, i really hope we get to see some advanced physics and play with it in this game. Infiltrating materials (most likely dirt) would be very interesting. 

With this mechanic, they could even make "rain", where basically it starts raining on the surface and then water infiltrates, eventually coming down from the ceiling and disrupting your base if you didn't build a waterproof roof. 

What surface? The game takes place inside a giant asteroid.

Just now, Cyberboy2000 said:

I know, but I haven't heard about any asteroids where there rains.

Of course, you simply disputed the wrong point. Maybe a comet passes by, imparting a small amount of water and other resources to help sustain a base that's almost but not quite self-sufficient.

Archived