night hand spam bug

Day 21

I come back to my campfire to find it dimly lit (but still lit)

my torch runs out, I take a pile wood to put on the campfire

the campfire starts flickering, fine

I put 1 log & I hear a night hand spawn on the flickering fire just 1ms before I put the log

I put , 1 log, night hand, night hand, night hand

I put approximately 3 to 4 logs on the fire but with the "flickering state of the lights, the night hands just spawned right on top of the fire itself

then finally it's complete darkness, and I can't put anymore logs,

AND without further delay CHARLIE wtf, she hit me once I survive then I finally manage to create a new torch

By this point I think I'm saved but nooooI get both a terrorbeak & a crawling horror.

So yeah ok apparently the game decided I HAD to die absolutely, I still think the night hands spawning RIGHT on top of the flickering fire is either a bug, or a poor oversight of game functionnality.

I know that, but I mean this hands spamming is utterly idiotic.

with a normaly lit fire, I never have an issue seeing hands & making them disappear, but here you can do nothing

it means you have to let the fire die instead of trying to revive it, then AFTER restart it with logs

imho this is probably an oversight rather than intended

I'm pretty certain this is some type of bug.  I never had it happen until recently, and it's happened often.  Fortunately I had light bugs around my fire just in case I ever couldn't get a fire going, and I ran in circles until morning.

I understand that the hand spawns on the edge of the fire radius, but this spawns actually in the fire, and it doesn't go away.  You can't walk it away.  It is in a constant flee state, but stays there... stealing fires...

On 31/05/2016 at 7:07 AM, Shosuko said:

I'm pretty certain this is some type of bug.  I never had it happen until recently, and it's happened often.  Fortunately I had light bugs around my fire just in case I ever couldn't get a fire going, and I ran in circles until morning.

I understand that the hand spawns on the edge of the fire radius, but this spawns actually in the fire, and it doesn't go away.  You can't walk it away.  It is in a constant flee state, but stays there... stealing fires...

This is exactly what happens !!!

I suppose it means it's a bug. maybe summon someone from Klei  ???

Archived