• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

With this mod Mac Tusk will always drop Walrus Tusk and Tam o' Shanter when killed.

I see no reason not to take what Mac is wearing and pull his teeth.

For those of you who don't know, the Walrus Tusk is needed to craft the Walking Cane

The Walking Cane is a Dress item, which can also be used as a weapon. It increases the character's movement speed by 25% while equipped. Although it only deals half the damage of a Spear when used as a weapon, the Cane does not have durability and therefore doesn't break. It requires 1 Walrus Tusk, 2 Gold Nuggets, and 4 Twigs to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype.

The Walking Cane's speed boost puts the characters on the same level as many other creatures who could otherwise outrun them.

The speed boost provided by the Walking Cane can cause the character to outrun followers like Chester or Pigs. This is especially common with natural and Cobblestone roads, which increases speed by 50% and forces the player to stop and wait for them to catch up. On a road, a character can outrun any mob in the game.

The Tam o' Shanter was added in the A Winter's Tale update.

A Tam o' Shanter, often abbreviated T.O.S. or Tam, is a nineteenth-century Scottish traditional bonnet worn by men.

Because of MacTusk's death animation, when the Shanter drops, the player will actually see two of them drop from the walrus. One is the item that the player can pick while the other is part of the animation and will disappear with MacTusk.

The Tam o' Shanter is the most dapper piece of clothing in Don't Starve.

It is a tier 2 warm clothing, increasing the time a character can be without a fire during the Winter before freezing. It has an insulation factor of 120

Normally the Walrus Tusk has a %50 chance to drop.

Normally the Tam o' Shanter has a %25 chance to drop.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I play this game lots of time and only once i found Mac, and he drop the two what a luck considerate that's 25% of chance, but when i kill the little one it drops nothing, he in fact have nothing to drop or is just unlucky?

I play this game lots of time and only once i found Mac, and he drop the two what a luck considerate that's 25% of chance, but when i kill the little one it drops nothing, he in fact have nothing to drop or is just unlucky?

he has nothing.

Could we get a 100% chance for the Krampus Sack to drop in this mod as well? I always thought that 1% thing was kind of silly. And maybe any other stupidly rare boss drops I'm forgetting?