Bio farm, farming wild plants

Hello,

recently I have been trying to farm Dusk Caps without the need for iridigation or fertilization. I have been for some time succesfully growing those, which spawned in my world on creation, therefore I decided to upgrade and build wild farm on larger scale. Dug out one smaller slime biome to leave rows of natural tiles with vertical two tiles gap in between. Put down compactors, set to 1kg of fungal spores sweep only and then deconstructed full ones.

My idea was, the shrooms will take a root and after some time I will have maintanenece free garden. However none of them took root in around ten cycles. 

The room is already filled with optimal temp CO2 and other Dusk Cap conditions are passed too. Those few natural ones grow just fine on their own. Tiles are anything from slime biome from Abbysalite to slime.

Does any of you have idea, what am I doing wrong?

13 minutes ago, FutureJohny said:

during Agricultural Upgrade.

Yeah...  you can disregard pretty much everything you know about plants from the Agriculture Update.  All the changes that were put into effect during it were completely rolled back once we moved to Oil Update.

At present, Sleet Wheat and Wheezeworts are the only plants that will replant if you let the seed idle on a natural tile.

Archived