Automation Update - Binary Adder

Hi

Here is an Binary Adder for the Automation Update

Youtube

Disclaimer: It doesnt add 2 binary numbers, it adds 1 and the last value (so its a counter)

So if you got 4 of this adder and start it the first time it adds 0001 with 0000

the second time 0001 with 0001

the third time 0001 with 0010

and so on

HF

16 minutes ago, Cilya said:

I don't know. It seems the design is unfinished. For me, an adder is only 5 binary gates and no NOT gates. This is the adder I had in mind.

There are many Limitation in ONI that forced me to use differnt gates.

Its not a 100% Adder,

Its Add 1 and the last value (so i can use it as counter)

the second "adder" got 1 real and 2 pseudo inputs

real: carry from 1.adder

pseudo: Value from last input (stored inside)

pseudo: 0 (the secound binary of the second binary number, doesnt need it for the counter)

and got 2 outputs

1: the carry for the next "Adder"

2: the sum (stored inside the adder)

So, yeah its not a "real" Adder but i thought a counter got more uses, i can tweak it and make a real Adder

HF

Yeah sorry, I only watched your video later, and understand what it does after replying.

Still, I don't understand. A counter is an adder with a fixed input. It economises an 1/2 adder per bit but you need a memory instead. 1/2 adder is two gates and a R/S latch is 2 gates as well. I don't know what I have missed. Perhaps it's the limitations your are talking about. I didn't have the time to test the automation update yet.

28 minutes ago, GamesOmatic said:

There are many Limitation in ONI that forced me to use differnt gates.

You can say that again. Thanks for the idea of using gates as isolation diodes. And yes, most people will have far more use for a bit counter than a real adder.

Ok. So... correct me if I'm wrong.. The 4 gates on the bottom that you show on your video are a rising edge detector. The two NOT gate in the middle build a RS latch. The two AND gates combined with the rising signal flip the state of the latch. And the three gates at the left and the right are here to... fix a limitation in the current engine ? They are needed to delay the signal ?

1 minute ago, Cilya said:

Ok. So... correct me if I'm wrong.. The 4 gates on the bottom that you show on your video are a rising edge detector. The two NOT gate in the middle build a RS gate. And the three gates at the left and the right are here to... fix a limitation in the current engine ?

Thats sums it up

I use those OR Gates to Delay the signal, else it wouldnt work, the Not Gates would switch states (1 switch per tick?)

@GamesOmatic I made a 4 bit version. I revoked it a bit. Added a master reset that simultaneously resets all the flip flops.

The ReSeT switch  by the green arrow needs to be turned off before counting can start but I strongly suggest turning it on before saving or if you're not using the counter at all for a long time.

The 4bit OUTput is at the red arrow.

And the blue arrow indicated the TRiGger.

2017-11-07.png

33 minutes ago, Cilya said:

I still don't get it. This one seems working for me. What am I missing ?

That's identical to one of my first attempts that I discarded because it didn't work. Reloaded it now, and now it does work. Very Strange.

2017-11-07 (3).png

1 hour ago, Cilya said:

Yes it is the same  circuit. Perhaps they fixed some bug in the game engine.

Any way. Thanks for posting it so we can make much smaller circuits.

I can't make it smaller than this attempt but you're all welcome to try :p

2017-11-07 (5).png

Thanks to you guys, I was sort of able to make an outhouse visits counter that locks the door after 15 visits to be able to spawn morbs from it without having to pay attention to number of visits.

But it seems overly complicated for a counter that counts to 30 (15 visits back and forth) and the system is a bit annoying to reset if something screws up like dupes wondering in the bathroom and triggering the pressure plate without using the outhouse.  Anyone has any idea on simplifying this and making it easier to manage?

Your 4 bit system gives 15, so I added another little portion at the bottom to make it go through the counter twice to get 30. 

image.thumb.png.408358c5155b30b4d06a53258847bdb1.png

image.thumb.png.69c2bdf9af1e18112e12785f8fad2fc4.png

Could just have added one more bit, and perhaps manually added the first two when resetting it.

@manu_x32Well. I can't show you how I would have done it at the moment as the game crashes constantly but I would have put the pressure plate under the left corner of the outhouse which is the one being pressed if they're using it. This would then trigger a filter gate set to something like 6 seconds. Both the output of the filter gate and the pressure plate is then fed to an AND gate so that only if the dupe is stationary for more than 6 seconds... probably from actually using the outhouse is a valid trigger. Then you only need to count the 15 valid triggers to lock the door.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Could just have added one more bit, and perhaps manually added the first two when resetting it.

@manu_x32Well. I can't show you how I would have done it at the moment as the game crashes constantly but I would have put the pressure plate under the left corner of the outhouse which is the one being pressed if they're using it. This would then trigger a filter gate set to something like 6 seconds. Both the output of the filter gate and the pressure plate is then fed to an AND gate so that only if the dupe is stationary for more than 6 seconds... probably from actually using the outhouse is a valid trigger. Then you only need to count the 15 valid triggers to lock the door.

Thanks Saturnus!  I tried to build exactly what you described, to realize too late that pressure plates can sadly not be used as foundation.  I thought they used to.

EDIT: actually they can if there is a tile under them, awesome!  Testing now...

EDIT 2: nah, it doesn't work, as soon as I added a dupe, foundation was not valid anymore.

@Saturnus  I ended up doing it with the 5 bit version you suggested earlier. Tested on a mini 1 dupe debug base, it seems to work.  I put resets a bit everywhere to control it if anything goes wrong. I make it lock the door at 30 exactly (01111 in left to right order of the logic boxes). The bottom portion is just to memorize the locked door state in case the dupe gets locked inside and walks on the plate again. It would take another full 30 walks on the plate to make the door open again. I could have maybe done a d-latch instead with reset from another switch.

The pressure plates are buggy, they sometimes change the pressure they have on them even when nothing is on them.

A bit big for an automated morb spawning system but kind of cool.  ;)

Automation gadgets testing.sav

image.thumb.png.112ef9e0792d364f9bcf5c228428a30b.png

image.thumb.png.69a81822b13e38cb7afb3959d63db5b6.png

Archived