Please help! Game suddenly not working!

I've been trying to get Don't Starve together to launch for days. I played for months and had no problem. One day I went to open it to play and it says "WARNING! Unable to write config directory. Please make sure you have permissions for your Klei save folders." Since that day, I have uninstalled ALL mods, uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Steam multiple times and keep getting the same message. Please help. It may also help to know that I play on my Macbook.

Hey @ashleysummerr, welcome to the forums. As much as I wish to help, sadly I do not own a Mac nor do I have the necessary know-how to find you a work around. My only knowledge is based on playing on Windows. When it says "..Please make sure you have permissions for your Klei save folders." that means that either your user account on your macbook is not an administrator account or you mistakenly added a new program that alters the default location of your save folders into a different location. 

Have you installed anything new since it happened? 

Lastly, I think you should post this directly onto the dedicated bug tracker for DST. Don't Starve Together: Bug Tracker.

Make sure to add the following files in your bug report too:

• client_log.txt found somewhere in this location ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/
  • make screenshots of the error too, if possible. Steam has a built in screenshot taker but I don't know if its the same hot key on Mac.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, ashleysummerr said:

I've been trying to get Don't Starve together to launch for days. I played for months and had no problem. One day I went to open it to play and it says "WARNING! Unable to write config directory. Please make sure you have permissions for your Klei save folders." Since that day, I have uninstalled ALL mods, uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Steam multiple times and keep getting the same message. Please help. It may also help to know that I play on my Macbook.

Your AV is blocking write access to your folders, turn it off for a 'mo and then see if it works.

Archived