PSN+ Split Screen Woes

So, my husband and I have really loved playing DST on the PS4 together, but after a long hiatus of not playing, we went to sign in and it wouldn't let him play online! In the past, even though I was the only one with the PSN+ Account (and accoding to the FAQ this is okay) we were always able to play online just fine until today. What's the big deal? (And yes, my account is the primary account.)

The closest thing I could find was this post, but this was an issue last year and I haven't been able to find anything about it since. Our PS4 (and DST) is up to date, and so is our (my) PSN+ Account. I'm able to sign in, but he isn't. 

The only thing I haven't really tried is uninstalling and reinstalling, but I kinda want to avoid this if at all possible.

Close the application and reopen it. If that doesn't work, turn the secondary controller off and turn it on before launching the game or after (on the main menu). If the controller is turned on during the cutscene it might freeze or give you a warning saying you can't play online. 

Thanks for the advice! They didn't work, but after a bit more exploration, turns out he just wasn't signed in to PSN at all. It's kinda weird, though, 'cause he'd always been signed in before...I wonder why he got signed out?

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, DMKomori said:

Thanks for the advice! They didn't work, but after a bit more exploration, turns out he just wasn't signed in to PSN at all. It's kinda weird, though, 'cause he'd always been signed in before...I wonder why he got signed out?

There was a system update last week which is probably the reason he was signed out.

Archived