First game I played was very very buggy, but I chose the seed. and a few comments about play

When I played my first game, after updating to the new preview patch, it was well very buggy.  I suddenly had a after after about 10 mins of play,  first there was a visual artifact, the one made when putting tiles in that stuck on, then a couple of other nonsense things to many for me to remember sorry, when I went to the menu to send mata data, my mouse coursor suddenly became a empty box with broken lines around it outside.  I closed the game and restarted using a game provided seed and all the bugginess has stopped so far?  I was planning to delete the game a do a reinstall.  the first game I used a seed of 8 numbers that the random generator created, the second was a normal 9 or 10 numbers. 

It seems you have deleted the manual airlock, please bring that back!

I love the new research tree you've put in place, research will be a lot better because of it.  

I have a bug, I have a duplicant that says he is eating, but his animation looks like he is pumping something instead of eating,  he's done this twice now the firstime he was between the science machines and it had a small visual artifact that looked like modern art , it was 2 blocks wide and 1 high it covered a part of each machine.

I did find the missng door finally.  I just missed it earlier.  but I do have a small error to report the filter machine for water purafication, does not have a placeholder,  in the research menu you can still  research it, but it has no place holder in the construction menu's while others are greyed out indicating they need to be researched or missing parts, its no where to be seen. I've not researched it yet, but the others all have placeholder or spots for them to go into.

I know what i'm playing and I report them as I should as EVERYONE should!    BTW I Deleted the game and did a fresh install of just the oil preview,  it didn't fix any of of the many bugs or the Visual Artifacting.  BTW I got picks of 2 dups running in the same power cage.  when they finished it was to funny I posted them on Steam..

yes  I do that to. this was meant as an ongoing feed back about the game. so it inlcuded a few bugs. because at the time I felt they were part of feed back my mistake.. But reading thru the bug list is a very time consuming practice.  and at times I nest my bug report in other reports by other people because they are similar but not the same..  to keep the numbers down.

ok this is talk of a not bug that should be a bug.  Today  I had one dup die of suffication,  at the time he was standing in an area of mixed O2 and C02

I had just managed to undo what 2 dups had done to trap the other 2 it was a very clever trap  first those 2 dug out 3 deep 2 wide hole, stopping the other two from escape, but on thier way out they  dug out 2 more tiles over an open area below, further trapping the first 2 and then they went clear to the other side of the base to work.  Then I get  the suffication notice. so not seeing the second trap they made, I put down 2 ladders  since they had those materials on hand but they forced me look for something else,  and I found the 2nd trap. that required bringing back the 2 dups that created the trap, and place 2 tiles in the open area..  everyone got out  but the 2 that had been sufficating  both stopped near the outter edge, my assumption  was they were in clean enough air,  but the one the stopped a little way,  in  still died from suffication, when he was in an area of O2 and CO2 mixed air that I thought was safe, since the both stopped and they were there for some time....  That death shouldn't of happened.  I work very hard at over coming thier programing but that was just wrong..  I've had them die to all kinds of created traps  and been to late to save them several times.  Those were my fault, but today is on you Klei,  flat on you. When they stop to breath, you automatic think they are safe, and need no further move orders. I already had a CO2 sink that was right below that area, co2 is heavier then O2 but instead of clearing the area out, it stayed contaminated longer then I thought it would, so that didn't help.

Yes  I played my first game of ONI oil  no longer preview.  And I also had my 1st colony die, because of mysterious choices..  I asked them to pick up several things, because they had Hatchi's on the loose in 2 levels, as soon as I queued them up they started to pick stuff up and put it away, in fact they picked up almost everything, while totally ignoring the marked items, the Hatchi started eat them, this bent me out of shape,  so  I left them to do what they wanted, until they got around to picking up the marked stuff, by that time it was to late they'd sealed there fate.  I even put out  a manual generator batteries and oxygen generators, I guess it was to late, they continued picking up other stuff and eating until they died..  I did not prioritise any of that..  it says they don't need to be micro managed.. but I find that misleading, I constantly have to prioritise stuff or they ignore it.  but todays was just to much they earned their deaths so I let them have them..

Archived