"Do not sweep" command

45 minutes ago, Night Watchman2 said:

Maybe "do not sweep" command to let creatures feed and make coal. For example we can take some sandstone to feed but if there is space in containers duplicants will sweep it faster or later. Do not sweep can prevent that and give some food for creatures.

You could just uncheck the sandstone option in your storage containers.

Or if you still want them to pick up sandstone in other areas and automatically pick up other materials, you could make separate storage compactors for sandstone and give them a low priority so that they will only sweep sandstone that you tell them to sweep. Or you could close off the area with a door to prevent your dupes from being able to even go there.

38 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Or if you still want them to pick up sandstone in other areas and automatically pick up other materials, you could make separate storage compactors for sandstone and give them a low priority

Make separate containers for sandstone and mark them sweep only. Or if you don't mind a bit extra micromanaging, you can have all containers sweep only except dedicated ones for things you want to have stored immediately and without marking such as rot piles, polluted dirt, slime, or bleachstone. Since sweep can be painted, having most of the storage sweep only is not much of a deal.

Alright, here's what I do: ...Just fill a container with the desired contents, use slider to control the amount, and prioritize it higher than the other containers. You can select the contents via the checkboxes on the storage compactor. Dupes will move the materials from other lower priority containers to it. This is basically how to move things specific to a container.  ...I have my hatches in a room with a door ( or two.) once it's full, I lock the dupes out and then uncheck the all button on the storage container, and it dumps the contents on the floor ... the dupes can't get to it, it's not accessible nor is it counter towards the resources, then the hatches finnish the pile off, I unlock the door and let the dupes collect coal.

hatchery.jpg

Archived