Dudes, where are the geysers?

There is usually only 5 Geysers now, which can be either Nat Gas, Chlorine and Steam Geyser, this is because Ruins and Geysers share the same spawn locations, its just a toss up as to what you get.

Edit - It's not a guarantee but the caustic biomes seem to have the most spawns of them

2 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

There is usually only 5 Geysers now, which can be either Nat Gas, Chlorine and Steam Geyser, this is because Ruins and Geysers share the same spawn locations, its just a toss up as to what you get.

Wow... that seems like an oversight.  With geysers I can get infinite water, power, and sanitation.  

My last ruin I got... a nutrient bar.

4 minutes ago, Stinktooth said:

Wow... that seems like an oversight.  With geysers I can get infinite water, power, and sanitation.  

My last ruin I got... a nutrient bar.

I don't think it is an oversight, Now you have to explore to find them, you also find ruins which helps build on the lore that the devs are trying to introduce, and it also adds to the challenge, Having 9 Nat Gas geysers and 5 Steam Geysers makes the game so easy, You even end up with excess water if you don't cap the steam geysers because you had so many. Now you have 1-5 and they are so precious, you now need to figure out how to run a more efficient base that can run with less infinite resources.

Edit - We did bring it up during closed testing, but nothing came from it, chances are in the next update, they are likely to rework them a bit since there will most likely be newer resources etc coming out :)

19 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It's not a guarantee but the caustic biomes seem to have the most spawns of them

There's a natural gas and a steam geyser POI for the swamp and a natural gas, a steam and a chlorine geyser POI for the caustic biome, so under normal conditions there should always be two geysers in swamps and three in caustic biomes

Just now, Michi01 said:

There's a natural gas and a steam geyser POI for the swamp and a natural gas, a steam and a chlorine geyser POI for the caustic biome, so under normal conditions there should always be two geysers in swamps and three in caustic biomes

Poor Ice Biome is unloved.... but yeah there should be several geysers...finding them is the fun

12 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Poor Ice Biome is unloved.... but yeah there should be several geysers...finding them is the fun

One thing that I hope they do is add more POI variants. Because right now, there's only these five ones that are supposed to always spawn in every world, so that means that for example a steam geyser in the swamp always looks like this

20170901130105_1.thumb.jpg.6f8de7b812764a5ee63a22cab071339c.jpg

and a steam geyser in the caustic biome always looks like this

20170901130036_1.thumb.jpg.d74d84d5e5a72a8890ac2c50dd27a6cd.jpg

etc

So I hope they'll add more versions of these for it to randomly pick from so that the five geysers don't always look the same.

Archived