Separate systems and blueprints

Well... Sometimes I have different systems of pipes an wires, and machines, all in one place, all doing different things, entangled like guts in a trench... Sometimes I want to remove one and this is hell. Sometimes I want to build exactly the smae thing that somewhere else in the asteroid - and I have to set it manually. Why not make it less manual - just build one and use a "copy" function? Or "build as system *however you named it*"? This would really come in handy.

It would be nice if, when giving build commands to the duplicants you could give those buildings a group function, wich would be extremely usefull if it would let you deconstruct based on that group, or even assining priorities for tasks. It would make the management of said priorities and the tinkering of machines much less tedious. It is so annoying when you realise the gas pipe you built behind that natural gas generator needs to be destroyed, and you need to select each one individually to destroy it, wich becomes a nightmare with anything remoteley big.

1 hour ago, Simon_Science said:

It is so annoying when you realise the gas pipe you built behind that natural gas generator needs to be destroyed, and you need to select each one individually to destroy it, wich becomes a nightmare with anything remoteley big.

You can go to the gas overlay, select the deconstruct tool, and use it to paint-deconstruct only gas pipes.  You can do the same with the water overaly, and the electrical overlay, to deconstruct their respective utility lines.

As for the 'copy' function, the tricky question is, what happens when you want to copy it and you don't have enough of the some of the metals or minerals?  Does the pattern become unusable?  Should the game auto-replace metals that you don't have enough of? Personally the existing mechanic of automatically switching from one mineral (usually abyssalite) to other minerals for pipes and ducts is SUPER annoying, and I'd rather it not happen at all.  That said, it would indeed be nice to have such a copy feature, or even a template that you can use across different worlds.  I'm sure everyone has their favorite electrolyzer setup.  It would need to be mirror-able though.

Archived