[challange] ironman legit survival never refuse / delay duplicate creation nor lose any duplicates

I will be starting a new game in AU-221865 with the challenge of surviving the most never delaying or refusing to create duplicates, and I'm also launching it online to anyone to pick it up

The game challenge rules are:

1. Goal: survive the longest never refusing / delay duplicate creation nor lose any, meaning:

2. no exploits such as going for polluted oxygen by killing your dupes or sublimation from polluted stuff or whatever so be honest for the fun of it with this rule:

2.1. treat polluted oxygen like "lava" - dupes breath it w/o consuming it. If there's polluted oxygen anywhere near (adjacent square) something you built that is likely to be the subject of a dupe attention, set up an air deodorizer there at least, and set up more with the intent of preventing it. If you run out of sand, use a pump and filter to pump the polluted air out of the base into an enclosed area where dupes won't breath it. Pumping polluted air from polluted water pools is an exploit because it's infinite - don't think it's meant to. You can liquefy any occasional polluted oxygen to make clean oxygen b/c it's legit but it's not lucrative b/c it's not sustainable

3. no cheats, using debugger etc. Cheats meaning using something not of game rules, exploit means using any beneficial game bugs to reach the goal faster, and bug means something in the game not working as intended.

4. reloading obligatory if you get any of your duplicators killed. Reloading disallowed for any other reason

5. when any dupe die in the base for lack of oxygen which cannot be fixed by reloading and doing anything legit, game over

Key interests:
1. geysers
2. melting ice for water

3. cleaning up polluted water for water

P.S. Can't think up what other rules are necessary, may  discover more are needed although now I think it's unlikely

I already make it to 70 dupes, and believe me the problem is not the food (tons of wheat), neither the water/oxygen (Geysers), the real problem is the lag.

So a good tip would be to AVOID complicated pipes systems,  minimize the amount of pipes you use for your natural gas generators.

We'll see. Only had 20-30 in my games, and 30+ morbs once XD, and had mild yet annoying lag. Sadly the map I'm playing now has no geysers in good reach. In the other challange I had 3 gas geysers and 2 water right off the bat, mostly baiting me to build my base for nothing :D

My natural gas generators are easy, one water door, one gas pump and one gas generator

EDIT: luckily the game saves the map from the start and I can start over on that one with many geysers

36 minutes ago, Segato said:

I already make it to 70 dupes, and believe me the problem is not ... the water/oxygen (Geysers)

If you don't use polluted oxygen, one geyser can hold 20 dupes from experience, and I haven't seen yet 3 water geysers

On 8/7/2017 at 11:52 AM, w0lfshad3 said:

If you don't use polluted oxygen, one geyser can hold 20 dupes from experience, and I haven't seen yet 3 water geysers

I dont know if there is a max number of geysers but I have found 5 of them. Some of them together. And probably around 4 Natural Gas geysers.

Archived