[Bug] Obsidian Packim Baggims Attacks Webber

A fairly annoying bug I found recently after transforming it into the fire bird. Whenever it gets the chance, Packim Baggims will attack Webber. It does no damage and doesn't cause a burn effect, but it does stun you.

The second part of the bug is that it causes Webber to automatically try to attack Packim, forcing you to immediately issue a command to cancel this or you get pulled towards it. This pulled me into waves multiple times and made me waste my item durability a few times.

Packim also leaves the fishbone behind and ignores aggressive mobs to attack Webber. It really dislikes him.

Dumb Bird

Yeah, that's a pretty sick set up you've got going there, and nice work making it so far. You've already made it farther than I ever have in any version of Don't Starve.

I understand why Packim's attacking you. Some mobs are programmed to attack spiders like pigs and boars. Webber has the same quality. This category of mob must include Packim's while he's in the obsidian state. The developers probably forgot to fix that before releasing the early access. I would count on them fixing it before early access is over.

Nice base.

Yeah, that's a pretty sick set up you've got going there, and nice work making it so far. You've already made it farther than I ever have in any version of Don't Starve.

I understand why Packim's attacking you. Some mobs are programmed to attack spiders like pigs and boars. Webber has the same quality. This category of mob must include Packim's while he's in the obsidian state. The developers probably forgot to fix that before releasing the early access. I would count on them fixing it before early access is over.

Thanks. There's still a lot of work to be done on the base.

The most curious part of this bug is why Webber tries to attack back. The developers already fixed the shift click bug with Packim Baggims, so I hope they fix this one soon.

Archived