Feeling Betrayed :<

-fiuh. i didn't realize, but apparently i wrote a long story here. didn't meant to write this much-

-well, i'll say it first. thanks for reading-

-i hope you will enjoy it-

----------------------

last night i played with 1 of my friend, and a bunch of random people.

(I hosted a server for 6 players)

In the first 2 days, it's just me and my friend.

like usual, we decide to explore separately. I go east, he goes west.

on the 2nd night, 2 people join in.

me, as captain obvious, asked them to stay there for the night. (well, incase they are both newbie and didn't know how to play).

then one of them said something like "hi, hello again"

and i just noticed. that i met this guy before. so i replied "hey, we meet again"

and then i briefed them simple enough about what me and my friend doing right now, and where we are, and what we have found on the map we already explore.

all goes well, we manage to settle a good place not far from the portal.

we settle up in savanna biome, along side the road, near a bunch of rabbit holes and not to far from beefalo but far enough so our camp wont be take over by them while they are mating.

there is a pig village with pig king south west from our camp.

spider's den on the west and south, rocks far in the east (1 day trip).

beehives on both west and south east.

swamp at north and south east area.

we settle up on the 5th day.

then the next couple of day, more people join in. and my server is now full (yeay..)

but tbh, it's really a good place to stay.

after i explore almost all of the map, we are almost at the middle/center of the map. which is good.

most of the people join in know the basic, so it was going smoothly.

in no time, we got couples of farm, and a bunch of raw resources.

i found some tracks (footprint) before while exploring. and now things are settle up.

I decide to go back and tracked those footprint.

after 2 days hunting, i bring back lots of meat, silk, and some couple other things.

people are rejoicing, and we are having a meat stew party that night.

i decide to make brezzy vest right away, and put the other trunk on the fridge.

it is around day 10 or so i guess.

*you must be wondering, so.. when is the betrayal begun?*

to fast things up. i'll just highlight some the event.

one of the guy found Ewecus and killed by it. LoL.. I burst into laughter since he never met one before and doesn't think it is dangerous.

I ask the party to regroup at camp, and hunt it together the next morning.

one of our guy die again, but we manage to kill it. too bad, it died while still on fire so all the loot was set on fire.

I already told the willow player not to burn it. but he still do it regardless (this happen quite often)

some of them got killed by lure plant a couple of times.

some got killed by killer bee.

some of it were hilarious.

continuing the story.

Since winter is closing by. i ask the group, who still havent made a vest and decide to help them make one.

and now, the winter is coming. with the 5 of us remaining.

one of the guy already log out due to the time (it's almost midnight).

and because of the same reason, my friend also say good bye. he is dead tired and sleepy.

I also feel a bit the same, so i told the other that i'm gonna hit the bed after 1AM.

the other agree, and one of the guy said "yeah. we should have a season 2 tomorrow"

approaching 1AM, one of them said good bye.

and so it's just the 3 of us now.

I was away from camp to hunt some silk and gland. since we are low on that.

and decide to take a little trip to the swamp to hunt some green mushroom and replace my tentacle spike along the way.

when i'm about to done.

one of the remaining guy died. i figure i'll revive him when i back at the camp.

since i'm about to go home now anyway and pack things up before we are done for the night.

and on my way back.

the other guy also died.

and when i'm just about to arrive at the base.

one of the guy said "lol. what are you doing?"

(lets say he is A, and the other gay, err guy is B)

I started to feel uneasy. and asked "what happen?"

then A replied "i dont know, he just start to lit things on fire"

i hurried back, and saw all of our farm are turn into ashes.

i don't know what to say. and just stand there facepalming (both in real world and inside the game)

it was an awkward long silent. then A said "ok. thanks for today. please host again for tomorrow"

I replied "yeah, thanks too" while checking things, what is remain and whether i can fix it with the remaining resource on the map.

B still wandering there said nothing, perhaps waiting for my respond about his doing.

i dont know what his reason are. but i'm pretty sure it's not by mistake. he is doing it on purpose

and i dont want to feed any troll. so i just stay silent. and when i'm done. i disconnect.

I already add friend the other players. so we can easily continue the game today.

but now, I don't know what to say to the other player when they see what happen to the camp.

I want to asked A, since i guess he know this B guy. (not sure)

but i'm too tired last night and decided not to ask just yet.

I still want to play with A, but definitely not to eager playing with B anymore

it will be awkward if they are really friends.

and so.. yeah..

i feel betrayed.

I was so looking forward to it. I thought we all on the same boat. but.. well. sh*t

sigh...

There's a rollback feature in DST. Instructions below:

• Select the griefed server in the Host Server Page.
  • Click Manage Server
  • There should be snapshots on the right column from when the griefer hasn't  burned anything yet.
  • Hopefully you remember which in-game day that was.
  • And select which snapshot you want to roll the server back to.
  • And double click that snapshot.

Notes: 

• Rolling back to old snapshots will erase any snapshots taken after that. It'll make more sense if you try it out.
  • Interval means how often the server will save the snapshots.

Hope that helps, good luck. Cheers!

That sucks. If you feel like fixing it as if nothing ever happened, you can just spawn the farms back into your game with the console.

yeah.. i already contact my friend, and we decided to continue and try to rebuild the camp once more.

even tho it is winter :< and early winter too.

he jokes about it sarcastically, "yeah. let's just continue that game. after all, now it is more interesting, since it gives us things to do"

this is regarding about how we did really well on that map. he often said he don't know what to do anymore.

we already explore, got lots of resources, and just waiting for winter to come. chat, eat, hunt, re-collecting resources, and so on.

edit:

oh yeah. and we notices some other things.

it turn out that someone was burning a couple of pig house, forest, spider nest, berries, and grass farm.

don't know if the culprit is the same person.

well it doesn't really matter.

*edit: the pig house prob just got hammered down, not burnt*

my friend saw someone burn his garden tho.

apparently he tried to create another camp near the pig village.

and when he came back to plant some other thing. he saw his garden was lit on fire.

There's a rollback feature in DST. Instructions below:

• Select the griefed server in the Host Server Page.
  • Click Manage Server
  • There should be snapshots on the right column from when the griefer hasn't  burned anything yet.
  • Hopefully you remember which in-game day that was.
  • And select which snapshot you want to roll the server back to.
  • And double click that snapshot.

Notes: 

• Rolling back to old snapshots will erase any snapshots taken after that. It'll make more sense if you try it out.
  • Interval means how often the server will save the snapshots.

Hope that helps, good luck. Cheers!

wow. thanks.. i didn't know about this before. I know they capturing snapshot, but didn't realize that we can select from it.

haha.. of course we can. silly me. nice info :-)

but I already play some more since this morning (just me and my real friend).

we manage to repair the camp and already beginning to replant the plants

the winter is almost over now.

in next season, when it start, guess we are ready to go, and i'll make it public again once more

Burning pig houses? I didn't know that was possible. Well It's a good thing you were willing to rebuild them yourselves.

apparently you can't, I just tried.

Yesterday i didn't check the village myself.

But today i go there, and the pig houses were really gone. i think he hammered it down (wtf).

perhaps someone tried to rebuild it elsewhere. i don't know.

i still haven't rebuild the pig houses.

still need more pig skin.

Archived