Controller Support

• Developer

It sure would be nice....

We have plans to add it back in at some point. In addition to just making it work again with all the changes we've made, we also need to figure out how we're going to do text input with controllers, so it might be some time before we get to it.

We have plans to add it back in at some point. In addition to just making it work again with all the changes we've made, we also need to figure out how we're going to do text input with controllers, so it might be some time before we get to it.

I don't know about a lot of other people but when I play with my controller I all ways have my key board right next to me just in case I need to pause it real quick if the controller gets disconnected or what ever. Wouldn't it make sense just to use the keyboard to talk if you want to talk while using the controller. Saves you guys a lot of hassle as well I would think.

• Developer

I don't know about a lot of other people but when I play with my controller I all ways have my key board right next to me just in case I need to pause it real quick if the controller gets disconnected or what ever. Wouldn't it make sense just to use the keyboard to talk if you want to talk while using the controller. Saves you guys a lot of hassle as well I would think.

Most likely that's how the first version of our controller support will work, but that's not really an acceptable final solution: support for controllers on PC is an accessibility feature--it's an issue if we can't enable people to operate all parts of the game using a controller. Even so, in the refactoring of the game that we've had to do to add online multiplayer, we've had to rip out most of the existing controller support, so it'll be a fair amount of work to even just get that back into the game.

Archived