Print out props for Don´t Starve Collectables

Hi there,

since the Vinyl Collectables are out and available now, it would be a great idea to create them a nice comfy home as seen here: http://s0.limitedrun.com/images/1065376/Spider.png

Spider.png

Providing a floor should be relatively easy, by getting a grass mat from you local Model building dealer.

But for the typical dont´starve props, it would be great if someone (from Klei? =)) could create some prinout out templates, which then could be printed in colour and glued on cardboard.

Then we should be able to craft a mini don´t starve world with the right Trees, berry bushes, houses, chest, field, tent and such... as on the pic...

I think I read somewhere here in the forum that these might already exist - in that case it would be great if someone could share those! If not, does anyone have high-res images of those props so that we could create these ourselves?

Many thanks & best regards

dunkelhuhn

(currently on my ps4 don´t starve record run - day 110 - still alive and kickin´=)

From the chester plush kick starter: 

Thank You #1 - Digital Diorama Set Pieces & Papercraft Beefalo

We had a ton of people say they loved the little set pieces we made for our Don’t Starve Blind-Box complete set photoshoot. Well, we’ve decided to assemble create digital diorama sheets that you can print and cut out yourself!

Each piece item is sized to match the scale of the figures and are the exact assets and construction we used for our photos. There’s over six pages of items including trees, the Pigman house, item chest, brick walls, berry bushes, and even some giant repeating grass textures.

On top of the multiple pages of set pieces, we’ve also created a papercraft Beefalo design that matches the scale of our collectible figures. So now you can create your own Beefalo herd to accompany your collectibles or as a stand-alone desk buddy.

Edited by Mr. Tiddles

Wow, that sounds great. I´m afraid I did not know about this KS campaign when it was running, since I just found out about dont strave when the PS4 version came out. =/

I´m totally in love since then, but it seems that I missed this beauty. Any chance to get hold of it?

It would have also been nice if these were include (e.g. printed on the inside or such) on the full dont starve blind box =)

Edited by dunkelhuhn

Hey MuzluSut,

thanks for sharing! I just printed your house, and will build it later today! Do you happen to have those trees as well? =)

Cheers

dunkelhuhn

Hey nice to hear this my friend. :)

I'm working on making Don't Starve 3D Papercraft..

I tried making trees 3D but trust me it is better in 2D. 

My next project will be "Tent and Chest" !

@MrTiddles - I understand this, but this hurts as there are no chances to pledge for the KS campaign now. Especially for those who just recently discovered this game when it came out on ps4...

What about those who purchased a full retail box of DS Vinyl Collectables? The full box does not come cheap, and the Figurines would feel much better if they could be surrounded by the proper props from Klei. =)

It would have been a good idea to print those papercraft templates on the inside of the retail box, so that one could copy them and build up these props. Any plans for this?

Edited by dunkelhuhn
  • Like 1

@MrTiddles - I understand this, but this hurts as there are no chances to pledge for the KS campaign now. Especially for those who just recently discovered this game when it came out on ps4...

What about those who purchased a full retail box of DS Vinyl Collectables? The full box does not come cheap, and the Figurines would feel much better if they could be surrounded by the proper props from Klei. =)

It would have been a good idea to print those papercraft templates on the inside of the retail box, so that one could copy them and build up these props. Any plans for this?

That make sense.. ive ordered the full retail box too.. So preparing a paper world for them seems good idea..

Hey all, it's true that the diorama digital art files are part of the KickStarter. However, we will be releasing these digital diorama/papercraft files to the public some time after our KickStarter backers have received their rewards. 

I don't have an exact date on when they'll be released, but it is happening and we're looking forward to seeing the everyone's cool dioramas and set pieces!

• Like 2

I couldn't agree with you more, I have the PS4 as well and just found out about the game too....so I missed the kickstarter program, and I am waiting for Chester to go on sale in the store. As far as the cutouts that is super easy to do. Just wish the funding could of started later.

Hey all, it's true that the diorama digital art files are part of the KickStarter. However, we will be releasing these digital diorama/papercraft files to the public some time after our KickStarter backers have received their rewards. 

I don't have an exact date on when they'll be released, but it is happening and we're looking forward to seeing the everyone's cool dioramas and set pieces!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

i would've donated $$$, but i found out about don't starve when the PS4 version came out.

i can't wait to get a beefalo!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

i would've donated $$$, but i found out about don't starve when the PS4 version came out.

i can't wait to get a beefalo!

Yup! The papercraft diorama props are definitely still on the pipeline; you haven't missed out on it. If you haven't yet, you may want to sign up for the Klei Store newsletter. We'll let everyone know about upcoming merch and new stuff that arrive on the store. 

• Like 1