Something involving the Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper would make for a fantastic character in the game, perhaps implemented in some new way that allows you to avoid the inevitability of permanent death if you work hard enough for such a temporary luxury. The outlandishly nightmarish yet subtly Victorian style, the chess motif, the magic. It's all there, and a Grim Reaper would fit in perfectly with the world if someone worked out where to fit the cogs.

Some possible ideas:

• Dying in the Ruins without any Touchstones or Meat Effigies active spawns you in an alternate Ruins containing a random challenge selected from a pool of several (similar to Adventure Mode) run by the Grim Reaper. Completing this challenge would resurrect the player at the entrance to the Ruins with 50 health, 1/2 Sanity and 2/3 of their Hunger.
  • Finding a randomly generated statue of one of the Hallucinations in the Ruins that, when broken, opens a sinkhole or portal to a large chess biome containing the Grim Reaper. Defeating it earns you a resurrection similar to the Life Giving Amulet, but passive.
  • The Grim Reaper appears at the edge of your map furthest from you when your health is at 10% of current maximum (15 health for Wilson, 7 health for Maxwell, so on and so forth) and makes its way towards you similar to Hounds. Rising above 10% of your maximum health at any point causes it to disappear.

For the mob itself it would obviously have to be a boss, having an Insanity aura of -400/min. Perhaps it could summon a new type of chess piece in the form of pawns to help it fight the player, easily defeated 100 health baddies that can be stunlocked and drop Frazzled Wires when killed. If not picked up quickly the Grim Reaper would pick up the Frazzled Wires for itself, restoring some of its own health.

Ahhh, I'm not blessed with much time at the moment but I like the idea of this suggestion and nearly over a year ago I made some additional mob scribbles involving this one...

nrgCa4P.jpg

0xIDhyZ.jpg

It was supposed to spawn after digging up too many graves...there wasn't the sanity punishement back then I think...^^

Ahhh, I'm not blessed with much time at the moment but I like the idea of this suggestion and nearly over a year ago I made some additional mob scribbles involving this one...

nrgCa4P.jpg

0xIDhyZ.jpg

It was supposed to spawn after digging up too many graves...there wasn't the sanity punishement back then I think...^^

I like it when people like ideas that I like to come up with. Have a like, you talented doodler you. Digging up a ridiculous amount of graves seems like a nice way to spawn it as well, though I think ghosts serve as adequate punishment for getting too shovel happy.

Archived