Split screen play not working

Jarif
  • Fixed

Unable to play any new or saved 2 players games. Always display the second user as offline and when launching the saved game, it displays a message something like.. user is offline and game cannot be launched.

20210312_004919.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Launch game.

Click play.

Login using xbox id.

Login user from another controller using menu button.

[Refer screenshot.. Displays offline even after connected]

Host game.

Select previously saved game.

[Getting message and not* allowing us to play]

• Sanity 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Nothing has changed with regard to how we handle online/offline status. I would check that their xbox live Gold hasn't expired, and that they haven't been signed out of Live.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Nothing has changed with regard to how we handle online/offline status. I would check that their xbox live Gold hasn't expired, and that they haven't been signed out of Live.

Online game mode with split screen doesn't require Xbox Live.

Its absolutely a showstopper. Its disappointing us because we have 350+days of play in saved games.

Edited by Jarif

Share this comment

I have the same issue straight after update. The second person added to play split screen remains “offline” stopping us from loading any of our servers together.

Share this comment

Same here. Me and my boyfriend play all the time we have a day 800 some world.. please fix this!!

Ps.. I only play local online 

Edited by Lexipooh
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Same thing happened to my wife and I. Tried uninstalling the game and re-installing but didn't help. Reset our internet connection didnt help either. Both our profiles work if we are the first signed in but second player is always offline. Thank you for looking into it! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

I have the same problem. I tried to reinstall, restart the console, for some reason I paid a fortune teller. how do I subscribe to the discussion to find out when the problem is solved? the fortune teller ran away.

• Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Confirmed here as well. Also noticed that when my partner tried to login, she received the daily reward but it was invisible. 

observed that the login hung for a sec when she attempted to log in and then left her offline. If we switch players 1 and 2, she is online and I’m offline. 

Edited by toasted_one
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Oh god, this really sucks, me and my wife are having the same issue :c,

Edited by DavidWillYTB

Share this comment

3 hours ago, DavidWillYTB said:

Oh god, this really sucks, me and my wife are having the same issue :c,

Same here :((( hope they fix it soon

Edited by StonedCheezus

Share this comment

14 hours ago, CharlesB said:

We're looking into this and will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Please fix this asap :((((

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Same, solo works with either profile,split screen won't work regardless of who is player 1.

Share this comment

We're currently testing a fix for this issue and will get it out to everyone as soon as possible.

• Thanks 2
  • Health 2
  • Hunger 1

Share this comment

Just now, CharlesB said:

We're currently testing a fix for this issue and will get it out to everyone as soon as possible.

Will it be available for us this weekend?

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

I hope this fix doesn't have to wait longer for Xbox certification. 

Share this comment

At this point it's out of our hands as the update is currently in cert. We're hoping it will make it through by tonight. If it doesn't then it probably won't be out until Monday.

• Thanks 4

Share this comment

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Changed Status to Known Issue

How can this be known issue? Have you guys fixed this issue? Shouldn't be marked as "Fixed", if you have fixed this issue, right?

Share this comment

Downloaded the new update this morning and now we can load our world again and the previous issue seems to be resolved. BUT we are now experiencing bad lag between the two of us, 2nd player jumping around constantly and doing different things on each side of the split screen, doing task my partner is not it control of like constantly running to the crockpot to do the cooking animation, making it unplayable for now. Anyone else have the same issue? Maybe this is something else to do with our internet speed. 

Edited by Cgdcgd

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cgdcgd said:

Downloaded the new update this morning and now we can load our world again and the previous issue seems to be resolved. BUT we are now experiencing bad lag between the two of us, 2nd player jumping around constantly and doing different things on each side of the split screen, doing task my partner is not it control of like constantly running to the crockpot to do the cooking animation, making it unplayable for now. Anyone else have the same issue? Maybe this is something else to do with our internet speed. 

I can confirm this as well. Though the update fixed the issue of not being able to log in, the lag is now horrendous. It makes the game virtually unplayable at times.

Share this comment

On 3/13/2021 at 3:10 PM, Hwright926 said:

I can confirm this as well. Though the update fixed the issue of not being able to log in, the lag is now horrendous. It makes the game virtually unplayable at times.

Press back button at times to get rid of actions.

Share this comment