Game crash on World Generation

Vendurian
  • Fixed

While creating an offline world with default settings is the game crashing and no world created. 

switch Modell: OLED

FW: 14.1.0

software version: 1.0.1

Mode: handheld

Steps to Reproduce

Create offline world 

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Reproduced on 2 more switches. 
another OLED and a Lite. 

also found a workaround:

restart Switch System after download of game. 

Share this comment

Yes. I can confirm this as well. It does crash upon trying to launch offline world. Sometimes while trying to generate world as well

Share this comment

Workaround must be applied whenever the bug happens. 

this impacts multiple switch and hence makes playing together almost unable (even in offline mode)

Share this comment

I’ll check when I can get back to my system last I checked it does not work when online or when on off-line or airplane mode it won’t let you create a world it just keeps crashing when generating process

• Like 1

Share this comment

Same problem. Reboot didn't help. I can't create world or connect to an existing one.

Edited by Maloxolka

Share this comment

I am able to create world again but I had to delete save from switch save manager. Restarting console did not help

Share this comment

Try to delete save. And then start new world. This at least fixed problem. But not sure for how long

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Is this still happening for you?

Yes - and keeps happening for new worlds and loading worlds. 

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, Koipa said:

Try to delete save. And then start new world. This at least fixed problem. But not sure for how long

Wow, it worked!

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Maloxolka said:

Wow, it worked!

But as I said do not keep your hopes up. You might end up having to delete save with progress on it

Share this comment

I have a standard model switch, and the game too keeps crashing on me.

Ver. 1.0.1

Switch ver. 14.1.0

Both handheld and docked modes

I have not tried making an offline world, only online. This happened 3 times after saving a world preset. It got through about half of the world generation, and then the game crashed.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, PshhMizu said:

I have a standard model switch, and the game too keeps crashing on me.

Ver. 1.0.1

Switch ver. 14.1.0

Both handheld and docked modes

I have not tried making an offline world, only online. This happened 3 times after saving a world preset. It got through about half of the world generation, and then the game crashed.

I’ve tried online off-line and airplane mode the game just refuses to create any world every time I try it crashes when generating the world

Share this comment

I'm using a base model of the switch 14.1 and the default installed version.

I've only tried online mode, but just generating a default world crashes the game right as it gets to the loading screen.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, TwelveGates said:

I'm using a base model of the switch 14.1 and the default installed version.

I've only tried online mode, but just generating a default world crashes the game right as it gets to the loading screen.

It’s happening to most peopleIt’s happening to most people

Share this comment

Thank you for the reports. I don't have more information at this point, but I wanted to make sure you all know we are investigating this issue. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Thank you for the reports. I don't have more information at this point, but I wanted to make sure you all know we are investigating this issue. 

I don’t have the best knowledge on programming but I want to guess that it has an issue that the system is not recognizing when don’t starve together is on an SD card it might be the issue?

Share this comment

I moved DST to internal storage and still encountered those crashes. 

but once I disabled the option to auto login: no more crash. Maybe a coincidence but I will look into that further. 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Vendurian said:

I moved DST to internal storage and still encountered those crashes. 

but once I disabled the option to auto login: no more crash. Maybe a coincidence but I will look into that further. 

Same here, when I had it enabled it crashed every time regardless if online or offline.  now it's working online when I disabled the 'auto login' setting.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Athasio said:

Same here, when I had it enabled it crashed every time regardless if online or offline.  now it's working online when I disabled the 'auto login' setting.

I can confirm as well that auto login setting does make your existing worlds to crash as well as generating new ones. So workaround for now is just to disable auto login in settings. You need to reatart game for change to take effect. To be on safe side I think it would be the best to leave game settings alone till its fixed.

Edited by Koipa
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Correct - This issue is being caused during auto login. Users experiencing this should change the "Auto Login" option to "Disabled" and then restart the game to resolve the issue while we work on a fix. 

Thanks everybody for your reports and helpful feedback. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

The workaround does not work for me because i don’t have that option. Maybe it‘s no longer visible in the settings because of an update I assume. But every world i create crashes sooner or later and it‘s such a severe and frustrating bug that makes it almost impossible to play the game.

Share this comment