Weather Pain range on console edition for Malbatross

SolaFide83
  • Pending

When using the weather pain on Mac/PC, the player is able to repeatedly use a weather pain against Malbatross with her being some distance away. On console, players are generally able to use weather pain against bosses on land just fine and with distance. Most notably, it's useful during the Ancient Fuelweaver fight when it tries to eat its spawned minions. However, on console the weather pain is not able to reach Malbatross unless she is standing literally right over the player. This causes frustration in that when used it also tends to destroy the player's boat. But more importantly this I would consider this a bug because the weather pain is designed to be a ranged weapon and requiring to be right next to her isn't working as designed. This problem doesn't exist with other ranged weapons like blow darts or Walter's ammo.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Play on Console Edition
  2. Get on a boat and find Malbatross. 
  3. Try using weather pain on her at a range that the weather pain is supposed to be able to reach.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I'm going to bump this ticket to state that the weather pain as a whole is inadequate as a weapon on console. I was performing the moon storm event and just like Malbatross, I was unable to actively use the gadget until I got right next to the misshapen birds. I have a hard time believing this is the intended behavior as PC players have no issue whatsoever killing the birds at range. It makes performing this event on console significantly more frustrating. I haven't tried it yet but it won't surprise me if the weather pain doesn't work as well on Ancient Fuelweaver minions, either.

Share this comment

I wouldn't call it a bug, but I get your frustration. Console just has a general problem with range attacks/spells, you can't teleport properly like on pc, use spells/staffs/darts on stuff that is further away. But this is the most annoying with weather pains, because it's almost mandatory for multiple boss fights now. Crab King, Fuelweaver and Celestial Champion now are considerably harder to kill on console specifically because of how the weather pain works.

Share this comment

I have the same issue the attack option on ps4 is only appearing if I'm really close to an enemy, same go's if I try to destroy sea stacks I need to be next to the sea stack. Maybe they can bump up the attack range a bit. Same on the starcaller staff and the lazy explorer range is to close.

Share this comment

On 5/18/2021 at 5:04 AM, BeeClops said:

I wouldn't call it a bug, but I get your frustration. Console just has a general problem with range attacks/spells, you can't teleport properly like on pc, use spells/staffs/darts on stuff that is further away. But this is the most annoying with weather pains, because it's almost mandatory for multiple boss fights now. Crab King, Fuelweaver and Celestial Champion now are considerably harder to kill on console specifically because of how the weather pain works.

This is most definitely a bug and quite possibly a regression. From my recollection the weather pain had no issues with range some time ago and it's a more recent issue. Furthermore, one is able to use Walter's slingshot on enemies at range just fine so the targeting logic for console edition is there. And console edition players once again suffer during the celestial champion event where they can't take out the snares at range.

Share this comment