Rolling back while on boat can respawn player at Postern

Wuntunzee
  • Fixed

On PS5 splitscreen, rolling back sometimes caused player 1 to respawn at the Florid Postern.

This video shows a rollback resulting in Player 1 respawning at the postern:

Steps to Reproduce

Unsure how to reproduce other than:

Sail around the ocean in split screen.

Rollback via the R3 button, or via the server settings menu.

Observe player one arriving at the postern, while the boat remains where it was.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This had happened to me, but I had slightly more devastating effects. Both players were out on a boat parked at the pirate monkey island. Rolled back, and both players appeared at the portal. However, the terrain was disfigured and there were parts of land completely or partially removed and replaced with water or other terrain. In some areas where there was terrain, I was unable to walk to them. Other areas where the terrain was replaced with water, I still could not walk, but there were trees, pig houses, mushrooms or saplings on the water. 

133497122_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20221015234517.thumb.jpg.866c72a0468aa034de41a0315849320f.jpg1750486966_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20221015234508.thumb.jpg.f3460a49a4c293a5e594446d6b5e3107.jpg

Edited by Fatkitty

Share this comment

This may have been fixed in the Maxwell update (2.59) but it would only apply to saves/rollbacks that have been made since the update. Let me know if it's still happening and you're certain that you're rolling back to a save that happened after the update.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment