[PS4] Players Maps gets reset after rolling a day back

NoscopeFelix
  • Fixed

I recently realized that my map (outside and the caves) got reset after my friend (host) rolled the day back! This bug makes it really difficult to explore the mines or even find your base after the reset, I later managed to find even a  Tempel in the caves but after a reset (that was necessary) all my work was destroyed ! Most of the bugs in this games are pretty harmless and sometimes funny ,but this one made me really frustrated and I hope this will be fixed soon! 

Steps to Reproduce
Join a game (don't be the host ) and let the host roll back the day (works nearly everytime when your in the caves)

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

By rerolling I'm assuming you mean rolling back and not regenerating. Or am I wrong?

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. I kept my map after the rollback, though as I bonus I also kept areas that I'd explored "in the future" because my map didn't roll back to the previous state.

Are there any more details you can give that might help me track this down? How many days did the host roll back? Has this happened in other worlds?

• Like 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, CharlesB said:

By rerolling I'm assuming you mean rolling back and not regenerating. Or am I wrong?

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. I kept my map after the rollback, though as I bonus I also kept areas that I'd explored "in the future" because my map didn't roll back to the previous state.

Are there any more details you can give that might help me track this down? How many days did the host roll back? Has this happened in other worlds?

Mean rolling the day back , but it won't work when your the host . You must join an online game and let the host roll the day back. I recommend letting the host roll back while your in the caves it will work every time there, we only rolled 1 day back and I'm not sure if it works on other servers (because the hosts never use that command) but I will try that today

Edited by NoscopeFelix

Share this comment

I tried with two separate online servers, rolling back multiple days, with different combinations of host/client above below ground and didn't lose my map at all. Unfortunately there's probably something more to it.

Let me know if it happens to you in any other worlds. If it's limited to that specific world then perhaps your friend could send his savedata to me and I could try to reproduce the problem with it.

• Like 1

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

I tried with two separate online servers, rolling back multiple days, with different combinations of host/client above below ground and didn't lose my map at all. Unfortunately there's probably something more to it.

Let me know if it happens to you in any other worlds. If it's limited to that specific world then perhaps your friend could send his savedata to me and I could try to reproduce the problem with it.

Sure I can ask him but how do you send the savedata on PS4 ! 

Share this comment

• Plug a USB drive into the PS4 (Fat32 or exFat only, NTFS does not work)
  • Go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB Storage Device -> Don't Starve Together -> Select All -> Copy
  • After that finishes, unplug the USB drive from the PS4 and plug it onto your PC
  • Find the "PS4" directory and zip it up with all subdirectories (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Right-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")

• Like 1

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, CharlesB said:
  • Plug a USB drive into the PS4 (Fat32 or exFat only, NTFS does not work)
  • Go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB Storage Device -> Don't Starve Together -> Select All -> Copy
  • After that finishes, unplug the USB drive from the PS4 and plug it onto your PC
  • Find the "PS4" directory and zip it up with all subdirectories (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Right-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")

Thanks I will ask him to do it! Oh and im trying the bug on other servers right now but it might take a while because none of my friends are online to help , but I will update you as soon as possible.

Edited by NoscopeFelix

Share this comment

Ok im sure now!I went every server in the caves and stayed there for 2 days  after that i rolled 1 day back and the map was empty(my hole cave map got reset). It's not only my friend'a server that is confirmed .

Edited by NoscopeFelix

Share this comment

Hmm, I wonder if it's your save data that's misbehaving. Do you have a lot of saved servers that have been played on, or have you played on a lot of different servers? There's a bit of magic there to keep it all within the 64mb cap and maybe it's going wrong somewhere. 

If you can send me the saved data from your PS4 I could investigate that angle. It's more likely the culprit than a server problem.

• Like 1

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Hmm, I wonder if it's your save data that's misbehaving. Do you have a lot of saved servers that have been played on, or have you played on a lot of different servers? There's a bit of magic there to keep it all within the 64mb cap and maybe it's going wrong somewhere. 

If you can send me the saved data from your PS4 I could investigate that angle. It's more likely the culprit than a server problem.

Sure I will do it tomorrow! But I don't really want to upload my hole data one the online forum ,should i email it ?

Share this comment

You don't have to worry about other players. Savedata is encrypted on the ps4 and tied to your psn id. Another player wouldn't be able to even copy it to their machine. Only a Klei development kit is able to sidestep the security and load it.

If you're still uncomfortable uploading here your other option is to upload it to a cloud service like dropbox or google drive and then email me a link. My address is in my profile. The zip will be too big to send as an attachment via email.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I posted on another thread about this issue and I think rolling back may have been a factor to my map getting reset. We rolled back inside the caves so frequently I didn't think about if it affected the map or not.

Share this comment