Picking & Fighting actions very laggy...

bestnick8
  • Pending

I tried out the solo offline & there is serious lag when performing certain actions using either square or X buttons,

Also with attacks from mobs on my character, I was clear of the attacks on my screen from a clockwork knight fight & also hound fights, but the hit on me came in delayed.

Very different to what I'm used to in DS; RoG & SW

Steps to Reproduce
Playing as Wilson in the solo offline

User Feedback

Hey,

I concur that feeling. I played yesterday on split-screen (local) with the GF on my PS4 and man... timing and responsiveness of commands are off. It feels sluggish and not natural.

Is it because of the ps4 ? the dual controllers ??

• Like 1

Share this comment

I agree guys/girls!! I was very disappointed. To the point of not even wanting to play it. Don't starve is my favorite game, seriously, like the only game I play. I have been waiting to play with all my buddies, but have had to tell them not to purchase it until it gets fixed. Please Klei!!!!! Help!!!!!

Share this comment

Idk if this helps- I notice in regular dont starve I spam, stun lock enemies like pigs, spiders, etc. In dst its rarely possible. Also mc tusk is impossible to hit :o if theres anything else around him like hounds or spiders you immediately switch to attacking them. 

Share this comment

If I were you guys, I'd try switching the setting for the lag compensation to whatever is opposite of what you had.  It might help.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Pashta said:

If I were you guys, I'd try switching the setting for the lag compensation to whatever is opposite of what you had.  It might help.

Made it worse, but thanks for the suggestion.

Share this comment

I'm experiencing the same issue on Xbox One, and wondered if it was ever resolved for PS4. There isn't much activity on the Xbox One board for the game so thought I'd check out here.
Does the game experience the same persistent lag issues only in offline split screen mode, or is it also present online? It seems strange that the game should have such issues offline.

Share this comment

I am experiencing the same lag on Xbox one when playing on split screen even on offfline server. I have no idea where it comes from. Any suggestions? Changing lag compensation didnt help

Share this comment