Pan Flute just NOT working, same with gunpowder NO EFFECT

jesuisralph
  • Pending

Are pan flute suppose to not work at all? The sec I use to put the boss to sleep, it wakes up the sec I put it to sleep..

I took a video of what's been happening and the gunpowder does ZERO damage, it's been this way ever since the new update! PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE.....

Steps to Reproduce
Use pan flute on Klaus and gunpowder,

User Feedback

This is not a bug..

Klaus react different with Pan Flute when he go to phase2. He don't remain sleep and wake up like instantly. what I do is, and this work fine with me, is to put him to sleep than when he wake up, use the Flute again so the Gunpowder can finish him.

this has been for ever, the patch or last update did noting to change how Klaus work :)

FYI; Gunpowder has small surrounding effect.

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

I'd add that the fire from the burning gunpowder could also be waking Klaus up when you set it too close to him. He can burn and catching fire will wake him from slumber.

Share this comment

On 4/30/2018 at 2:33 PM, CharlesB said:

I'd add that the fire from the burning gunpowder could also be waking Klaus up when you set it too close to him. He can burn and catching fire will wake him from slumber.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, mzajy said:

This is not a bug..

Klaus react different with Pan Flute when he go to phase2. He don't remain sleep and wake up like instantly. what I do is, and this work fine with me, is to put him to sleep than when he wake up, use the Flute again so the Gunpowder can finish him.

this has been for ever, the patch or last update did noting to change how Klaus work :)

FYI; Gunpowder has small surrounding effect.

Explain this .... this is an older video of mine look at it from 15:59.... see the differences in this video vs. the recent one where he wakes up instantly, he NEVER woke up and I was able to light up the gunpowder and end him. I have been doing this method for a while and has ALWAYS worked until recently..
Please look at this video starring from 15:59 

Share this comment

21 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

Explain this .... this is an older video of mine look at it from 15:59.... see the differences in this video vs. the recent one where he wakes up instantly, he NEVER woke up and I was able to light up the gunpowder and end him. I have been doing this method for a while and has ALWAYS worked until recently..
Please look at this video starring from 15:59 

Maybe hitbox? because as or lord CharlesB said, any burning, result on waking up any boss or creature. so on your vid, the burning Gunpowder might not effect the Klaus hitbox so he didn't wake up, but the damage from the Gunpowder worked as intended.

So try put the Gunpowder a little far from Klaus or as the same place from your vid, and see what happened!

For me since forever when I used Gunpowder to easy kill Klaus, he always wakes up, before this update and after.. still the same, the update change nothing as I said previously.

Share this comment

On 5/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, mzajy said:

Maybe hitbox? because as or lord CharlesB said, any burning, result on waking up any boss or creature. so on your vid, the burning Gunpowder might not effect the Klaus hitbox so he didn't wake up, but the damage from the Gunpowder worked as intended.

So try put the Gunpowder a little far from Klaus or as the same place from your vid, and see what happened!

For me since forever when I used Gunpowder to easy kill Klaus, he always wakes up, before this update and after.. still the same, the update change nothing as I said previously.

If you saw the video, the gunpowder was placed on top of Klaus, I've done this many many times before and never had any issues with him waking one sec after I use the pan flute - the pan flute doesn't seem to be working as intended. 

Share this comment

12 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

If you saw the video, the gunpowder was placed on top of Klaus, I've done this many many times before and never had any issues with him waking one sec after I use the pan flute - the pan flute doesn't seem to be working as intended. 

That's why I told you maybe it's Klaus hitbox? you put the Gunpowder on the head of Klaus so maybe the head don't count as hit register, and that's why he doesn't wake up from the fire! 

I want to test that for you my dude, and here what happened :)

as I thought, the head wasn't a hitbox, so that's why on your first video, Klaus kept waking up, because you place the Gunpowder really close to him or to his hand, where on your last video,  you place the Gunpowder on his head.

I know it's tricky and sometimes doesn't work, therefore on your next battle try to put the Gunpowder a little far from his hand and body, and if he wakes up on you, try put him on sleep again as fast as you can.

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

20 hours ago, mzajy said:

That's why I told you maybe it's Klaus hitbox? you put the Gunpowder on the head of Klaus so maybe the head don't count as hit register, and that's why he doesn't wake up from the fire! 

I want to test that for you my dude, and here what happened :)

as I thought, the head wasn't a hitbox, so that's why on your first video, Klaus kept waking up, because you place the Gunpowder really close to him or to his hand, where on your last video,  you place the Gunpowder on his head.

I know it's tricky and sometimes doesn't work, therefore on your next battle try to put the Gunpowder a little far from his hand and body, and if he wakes up on you, try put him on sleep again as fast as you can.

Ever since this issue, I just started killing him normally but I run through a lot of logsuits... do you know how to dodge his hits? sometimes im able to dodge but sometimes i'm not able to do it because he double jumps.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

Ever since this issue, I just started killing him normally but I run through a lot of logsuits... do you know how to dodge his hits? sometimes im able to dodge but sometimes i'm not able to do it because he double jumps.

Don't..takes time and a lot of effort to deal with him on the second phase, especially when you solo him.

Just do the Gunpowder method, thanks to you, now I know where to put the gunpowder. before I used to use the Pan Flute twice and sometimes it does work as attended. but now, It only takes one.

Q: on your first video, I notice that you used your Flute until the end, why? it's easier and way cheaper to use Deconstruction Staff when the Pan Flute on 10%!! so you get Mandrake back to craft new one :)

Share this comment