Opening cutscene lagging and distorting

Dragonjax64
  • Fixed

The opening cutscene, with Wilson and Charlie, lags heavily and has audio distortion

Steps to Reproduce

Open the game and wait for the opening cutscene

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hmm, this happened to me once or twice before... however, it will be just for a second until the game "save" sign disappears.

Share this comment

This happens to me all of the time. I don't think this is a bug, I think it is that my PS4 is just too crappy and old to work properly. I have noticed that when I enter the caves for example, it takes me significantly longer to load in than other players.

It is not just DST that I have this issue with. My ps4 start screen lags, when I push the PS button while I am in a game to check messages, that lags. I play a lot of Battlefield 4 and 5, and oh my gosh... if it is an active battle or a smaller map where there is a lot of close quarters fighting, I am constantly getting killed by novice players because the frame rate drop is so bad.

I got my PS4 in 2016 and its one of the older fat designs. I even changed the hard drive to an SSD which didn't help. I think it's gonna die soon. 

Share this comment

There was an issue with some of the recent updates that caused the video to stutter more. It should be fixed since 2.39

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment