Map reset after exiting cave

TheAngryPlayer
  • Fixed

From day 23 to day 159 I had the entire frigging map revealed in the wilderness game mode, but after entering then leaving the cave in 1.05 it was completely gone and I never died in game or rerolled because of it so that's not the problem. This is really upsetting seeing  as I had some huge plans for my world and it requires me having full vision of my map. If going in the caves is going to reset my map every time I exit it DST isn't worth playing until it's fixed (for me at least)  so I'm just going to play shipwrecked.

Steps to Reproduce
I think the bug came with update 1.05 and if it helps I did randomly lose connection to the Klei servers (all good on my end) but I had my map afterwards until I went into caves got some light bulbs and my miners hat, refueled my lantern,  started freezing made a fire and left the cave at the same time a new day was starting and the game was saving. Then I lost my map... 

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It seems that some updates require a restart of the game after a patch in order for existing bugs to be properly eliminated & for new ones such as the one you're reporting not to manifest.

I'd suggest you start a whole new game & try get into caves early game to see if the problem still persists.

Share this comment

I've encountered the same problem with my friend's world, we're over 500 days in and I had the entire surface world explored but after exiting the caves my map was reset.

Share this comment

On 10/19/2016 at 0:47 AM, KhmerShadow said:

I've encountered the same problem with my friend's world, we're over 500 days in and I had the entire surface world explored but after exiting the caves my map was reset.

My cave map also reset after going back into the cave.

Share this comment

Hi guys, I've played with this a bit and haven't been able to get it to happen so I'm trying to get some more information to help track down the cause.

Has this only happened when you're playing on someone else's server, or on your own as well? Or on one of the Klei dedicated servers?

Does it seem to happen going up/down at any time during the day, or only if you enter/leave the caves as the day is changing and the game is autosaving (as mentioned in the original post)?

Share this comment