ENTIRE GAME CRASHES UPON WORLD LOAD

NSAiswatchingus
  • Fixed

I'm on day 1049 and can't get my world to load. It seems like every time I have to load the game up when it is raining in game it crashes the app. I'm basically locked out of that world until this bug is fixed. I hope it's soon because I'm completely done with this game until it's fixed. If your game doesn't work into the later days then there's no point in me playing any longer. I've been hugely vocal about my support and love for this game online and IRL, but the amount of game breaking bugs is so great that I've stopped recommending this game altogether. I've wasted over 100 hours now trying to recreate Hamlet in DST on PS4 to generate hype for the new DLC but that's all gone now if I can't get this world back. Until  Klei figures out how to make a game that actually works and respects my time I'm not wasting another second or penny on another product of theirs.  

Error Code: CE-34878-0

Steps to Reproduce
Raining in game. I Save and Exit the world. When I try to load back in, the game crashes. I have gotten through before by rollingback to a day before it was raining and just playing through to the next dry day. I am now in a position where it has been raining the last 5 days and I can't load into my world.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hey there, I'm having the same thing unfortunately ..

let me ask you something.. do your world setting set as Endless or Survival? because the folks saying this crash happened because our worlds having a lot of stuff and items, but I'm trying to clean my world up by moving items and resources around the world.. at first this help and I'm able to join my world without crash. but after couple of seasons i log off during spring and the crash is back now! and i can't access my world no more, I rolled back all the days!  and I forgot to upload my new saving to my USB. so now I'm back to my old saving losing 100-ish days because of this!

Hopefully Klei can speed-up and fix our worlds with hot-fix update or something. because I thought I'm the only one who has it, but know you and surely there are people who have the same bug but they only might submitted to Sony.

Share this comment

I think we have the same issue going on then. I not only have a massive amount of structures built but I've also changed the turf a lot too. Like, entire biomes have been switched or created. I'm sure that doesn't help the situation. 

Like you, I had heard that 'cleaning up' the world would help with that lag. I had spent hours picking up every little item I could find on the ground and chesting it. I had even destroyed some other structures to make way for more stuff I wanted to build. 

This is just really disappointing. I too don't know if I can start again. This was a really big project I had been working on for months to get all the little details right and was so close to finishing it. I was even putting off playing my newly purchased Skyrim VR to get it done. SKYRIM VR. That's how much this meant to me. 

On 11/28/2017 at 11:47 PM, mzajy said:

(From your thread)

Apparently the crash happened a lot during spring

I really think it's something to do with the weather effects and having so much stuff in the world. 

Share this comment

On 12/2/2017 at 4:55 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

I think we have the same issue going on then. I not only have a massive amount of structures built but I've also changed the turf a lot too. Like, entire biomes have been switched or created. I'm sure that doesn't help the situation. 

Like you, I had heard that 'cleaning up' the world would help with that lag. I had spent hours picking up every little item I could find on the ground and chesting it. I had even destroyed some other structures to make way for more stuff I wanted to build. 

This is just really disappointing. I too don't know if I can start again. This was a really big project I had been working on for months to get all the little details right and was so close to finishing it. I was even putting off playing my newly purchased Skyrim VR to get it done. SKYRIM VR. That's how much this meant to me. 

I really think it's something to do with the weather effects and having so much stuff in the world. 

For me, I can't start a new world and I will not, because really like you, I had spent hours and hours of playing that will go wasted if Klei didn't fix this for us.

from my part, I did what I can, I DM everyone who has red color on has name, only one answered me with explanation and and promise nothing. the rest ignored me, and this is really feels bad, when you know no one willing to even reply to you or to your bug report let alone fixing a game breaking bug.

but do you know what? i'm the idiot here, this was not the first time Klei disappeared when it in needed for me.

but what can I say, i'm in love with this game so i give DST a chance and here we go again, a bug that need fix ASAP but we can't get it.

having too much stuff is necessary for an online/open world game, I hope this is not the reason.

Share this comment

I've finally been able to fix this. Worlds that are crashing still need to be rolled back a day or two to a non-crashing state, but after that saving'loading shouldn't have any more problems. I hope to have this out in a patch fairly soon.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment