DST PS4 dedicated server

moshi12
  • Fixed

When the world is regenerated or rolled back, everyone in the game gets stuck on an unending loading screen.  We ultimately have to close the entire application, we can then see the server in question, but not enter it, and in the player listing we see ourselves.  The first time this happened was two-three weeks ago, immediately following the Year of the Varg update.  Upon the return of the dedicated servers today, rolling back caused the same issue.  There is one dedicated server left, and we are afraid to regenerate the world. The longest we have sat and waited for a the world to load is eight minutes, it is possible that we just have to wait longer, I guess.  I hope this feedback is helpful!

Steps to Reproduce
Enter a Playstation 4 Klei dedicated server. Hit R3 to bring up a menu. Select the bottom option 'miscellaneous.' Select '(vote)rollback.' alternatively: Enter a Platstation 4 Klei dedicated server. Die. Let the world regenerate. Either of these set of actions will result in a loading screen that will load continually.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I was just logging in to report the same thing.

Things that will break the servers (100% repeatable):

• Have everyone die so that the server must regenerate
  • Vote to regenerate the server (restart world)
  • Vote to roll back the server

After any of these actions, as MoShi said, the player(s) on the server will get stuck at the loading screen screen and have to restart the game client.  The server will then continue to appear in the servers list but will be inaccessible.

Share this comment

I was with MoShi and Max when that happen so I guess just do as they did to rip any dedicated server.

Share this comment