touchstone bug

PenguinBlade
  • Closed

me and two other people were playing D.S.T. and i used a touchstone during the night, using firefly's to stay alive, then 3-4 day later i died again. i was looking around and found a touchstone that was unused, i then tried to use it but i didn't work. turns out that was the one i used during the night. I figure that it was a bug. some facts about the situation, 

• my friend was hosting
  • the other guy could see it and it looked unused
  • after i used it during the night i went away and never saw it till i died again
  • i did not try to grab the nightmare fuel from the touchstone

sorry i don't have a screenshot

Steps to Reproduce
i wish i knew, this happened once so far. but if i had to guess then use a touchstone in the night, don't die, then never come back till you die again

User Feedback

This was something DST on the pc added once it got out of beta. Touch stones regenerate after it's been used but it can only be used once per player. Had this happen to me once when playing on the pc, but it's not a bug as far as I know. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

What Chibi said.. Its not a bug. Touchstones can only be used once per player, but after every use they need a day or two to regenerate before another player can use it.

Infact this made me think. I wonder if playing splitscreen makes the touchstone think both players are "1 player" only allowing 1 touchstone use between the both of them. Ill test this in the morning.

Edited by Mafiabrett
Gave me a idea

Share this comment

I'd have to look to see the split screen thing as well, but i did notice that haunting the broken touch stone repaired it, at least graphically.  It didn't start to work for me a second time, but it looked like a normal touch stone minus the glowing writing on it.

Share this comment

Oh, thanks for letting me know. Me and my friend are pretty bad at D.S.T. But that is one more bit of helpful info for us, so thanks.

Share this comment