Water planet map border of forest start is broken

sakura_sk
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

I've seen before geysers or tiles appear in the top layer of a planetoid's map but never animated critters and plants.

Using debug to quickly see if there was any change to planetoids I saw this on water planet:

38514868_evenanimationisshowing.thumb.png.384c88c9848d113a97c6d6a1be38a82d.png

After fooling around and building a tile in the oil planet that was showing above, I could no longer visit water planet. The game desided to show oil planet so it just skipped there after showing a glimpse of the water one

968952594_waterplanet.thumb.png.90a14d7c707a9287fca1d5bc79d85481.png 267368909_waterplanet_.thumb.png.cad4c56f7577a86d48bc55adf5dbf791.png

I even sent a rocket to see if the debug was at fault but it seems it is not :-(

1872458790_waterplanet_unknown.thumb.png.24e380650329c74d2ff24194e3fcbaa9.png

When clicking at Watista (either from the drop down menu or the "oversee planetoid" button) it skips to Ellalin

Needy 4 planet glitch.sav

Steps to Reproduce

On a forest start try looking at water planet (Watista in the save file). If oil planet is "revealed" (Ellalin), the game shows oil planet and skips water planet.

User Feedback

Probably every map generation and not only forest start (swamp start effects here). It seems that after spawning some dupes to both planetoids, the map overlord stops being angry and lets you navigate properly :D

Share this comment

Terra start: If you try going to water planet (HydrAquazon in save file), you are sent to frozen planet.

One way to pass that is 

[1] -open Vitals

-double click Turner who is currently on water planet

-open vitals and double click Turner again (the second time of double clicking the view of the planet stays).

Another way (after securing a view of water planet) is if you save a view point around Turner

[2] -"ctrl+ [number]" set view point around Turner on water planet (in case water planet is "lost" again)

-"shift+[number]" in order to go back to it

-"shift+[number]" again to let the view stay

If you leave water planet having a view focus on the up right corner, the second time you try to return to water planet by clicking it through the upper right menu, you are sent to frozen planet and the loop start again. The only way to break it is either following steps [1] or [2] above.

Needy 1_-.sav

Share this comment

Well... It seems it's not a newly introduced bug but exists since day one of spaced out.. I could reproduce it in a map created December 1st :-(

Share this comment

Is it possible that fixing camera positions (update 459378 "Fixed issue preventing Automated Notifier zoom setting and user camera positions from working correctly when targeting worlds other than the currently active one") caused navigating to planets non stable..?

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

The looping camera transitions is an issue with the dev debug tools and has been fixed locally. Geysers appearing above the world is a visual bug that doesn't affect gameplay. 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment