Surface Of Moo Planetoid Completely Obscured By 'Fog Of War'

helium3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I discovered the moo planetoid via telescope and put a rocket with a rover into orbit around it. I then tried to deploy the rover onto the surface of the planetoid in order to explore it but was unable to do so because there is no visible solid surface upon which to place the lander. All I see during my attempt at deploying the rover is space and the fog of war. If you mouse around inside the FOW with the lander placement sprite you will occasionally see the sprite change color from the red outline to the white outline but you cannot actually place the lander. I have attached some screenshots to this ticket.

Oxygen Not Included 4_16_2021 4_07_59 PM.png

Oxygen Not Included 4_16_2021 4_04_45 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

Uhhhhh. I guess the following?

1. Make sure you're using the live build of the Spaced Out DLC as of April 16th, 2021 (EX159-458490)
  2. Generate the swamp cluster using the seed SWMP-C-1832850536-0
  3. Discover the moo planetoid with a telescope (you'll have to do it from a rocket).
  4. Send a rocket to the moo planetoid with a rover module (I sent a petro rocket from Lunibo).
  5. Attempt to deploy the rover onto the surface of the moo planetoid (should be called Gasini).

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This actually just happened to me but with the marsh planetoid (the one with the tungsten volcano and the resin tree, not the swamp planet in the inner cluster). I also waited fairly late to discover this one and fly to it, and found nothing but fog of war on the surface and can't land on it.

Seed is: V-SNDST-C-1122039665-0

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This will be fixed in Thursday's update. On existing saves you might need to use the Sandbox reveal tool to reveal the surface.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment