Space out not Showing in Main menu

ERossiIV
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed
have been playing ONI for a few months now and about 3 months ago bought Spaced Out DLC, all through the Epic Game store.
Two days ago, ONI stopped loading, it would freeze on the loading KLEI screen and never progress.  
I did all the troubleshooting steps on the Forum with no luck.  I first reached out to Epic to see if there was something I was missing with the Epic Game Launcher.  I have other games on Epic and don't have any issues loading them.  
I uninstalled ONI, reinstalled, uninstalled Spaced Out, reinstalled and even uninstalled Epic Game Launcher.
So far I have been able to get ONI to load in Administrator mode in Windows, it still takes a few minutes to load past the KLEI screen but once it does, Spaced Out is not showing up.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled just Spaced Out in Epic Store several times and still nothing.  Sometimes once I quit ONI and start again, the game will hang up again.  If I restart my computer, I can open ONI again once time before the loop above happens again

Screenshot 2022-04-21 091922.png

Screenshot 2022-04-21 092032.png

Steps to Reproduce

Unsure how to get it to reproduce after doing all the steps in the Forum to try to fix it

User Feedback

Windows Defender or other security software may be blocking the game's ability to communicate with Epic's servers. Open your start menu and type "allow an app through Windows Firewall" then press enter. Look for oxygennotincluded and make sure Public is checked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I tried that.  The Oxygen not Included was not part of the Windows Firewall so I added it.  Still not loading when you click on the shortcut for the Epic Launcher desktop shortcut or within the Epic Game Launcher.  The only way I can get into the game is to go into file explorer where ONI is stored and on the oxygennotincluded.exe Right-Click and run as administrator.  And it still comes up vanilla

Share this comment

So you'll need to figure out what's causing the certificate error, the same thing is stopping epic from talking to their servers. Some possible causes are an ISP hijacking the DNS for like a login page or something, a virus trying to steal your credentials, or an out of date OS without the latest certificates. Try opening the certificate details, that should provide clues as to which it is. It's in the red triangle that says not secure next to the URL bar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

At the end of it all it, wasn't my router but my Cable Modem needed to be reset and then restarted everything and now it works now.  It would seem that the ISP had updated my IP address for some odd reason.  The only way I was able to find it was when I did a Ping Ports and it was different than what my IPconfig was showing me.  I hope this helps others

• Thanks 1

Share this comment