Rocket Platforms spawn natural tiles that entomb them on loading save

Nebbie
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Loaded up save I've had in live version in preview branch, found out my rocket platforms now include some free metal that needs digging out from on top of them.

ONI_FreeMetal.png

Lunar Space Hut.sav lshw_output.txt

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Load old save with old rocket platforms?
  2. Find free metal.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If I understood correctly, this is a result from the latest patch where the dupes can now "traverse the space below the top of a Rocket Platform" and will only happen with existing saves (any newly built rocket platform should work normally).

Share this comment

4 hours ago, RuiPalhas said:

If I understood correctly, this is a result from the latest patch where the dupes can now "traverse the space below the top of a Rocket Platform" and will only happen with existing saves (any newly built rocket platform should work normally).

Good to know it'll only happen once. Does this mean that dupes can now run in front of the platform, then? I suppose this fixes them self-entombing if so, and I've seen them sweep things from the bottom of platforms.

Share this comment

I'm not sure if they can now run in front of the platform (haven't played since the update but I hope so!) but according to the update notes this is indeed meant to fix the self-entombing :D

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, RuiPalhas said:

I'm not sure if they can now run in front of the platform (haven't played since the update but I hope so!) but according to the update notes this is indeed meant to fix the self-entombing :D

Tested it, they indeed can.

• GL Happy 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Thanks for the report. Saves will be properly "upgraded" to not have these tiles in the next hotfix. And yes, the change that caused it is that launchpads are now treated as platforms (like the pitcher pump) rather than solid tiles.

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment