Random Printing Pod Crash

Sergadra
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

There was a Random Crash after Opening the Printing Pod once. It did not Crash ingame it rather was an APPHang of Windows. Sadly i could not reproduce it yet.

It seemed that there was a specific UI Element open and the combination of both led to a Window not Responding. Music was still active.
I will answer here if i can reproduce it directly.

Also Crash Datas not available to this time.

Steps to Reproduce

No repetition found yet.

Opening the Printing Pod while a diffrent Window like Database or Block/Creature/Dupe Data was open.

User Feedback

Also had the same issue few minutes ago. My printing pod was ready to give choices so I clicked it (on cycle 10) and the game crashed by being unresponsive. Just random guess, but maybe it tried to give a package that is not in the game yet so asset is missing crashing game. (as we know from the official post we only see a portion of dlc at the moment).

Share this comment

Ah I had same thing happen, I was going to post but there was no crash log it just dead locked with the "this program is not responding close / wait window"

Edited by rhaged101

Share this comment

Crash when I pressed Choose A Blueprint on the Porta-Pod.

I saw the Printing Pod just become ready on the starter world and I immediately changed worlds and tried to open it in the Porta-Pod. The game hung with a really laggy mouse curser. No window ever opened. After about 60 seconds left clicking the screen a couple times caused windows 10 to show a crashed message.

EX1-442064-D

Share this comment

got the same issue,

clicked on the notification 'new printables are available' 

image.thumb.png.2b7887232859a196a5c39fb490b5b36c.png

build: ex1-443461

i saved off the following:

• player.log 
  • dxdiag report
  • save file
  • mini dump from when it was not responding (generated via task manager)

the mini-dump is 8gb in size, so outside of the attachment limits on the forum

please contact me directly for a link to the above files (i'll keep them until Jan 1 2021)

Share this comment