Dupes deliver original seeds to analyzer alongside mutated ones

Electroely
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When dupes deliver unidentified seeds to the seed analyzer, they'll usually pick up a handful of extra, non-mutated seeds with them and attempt to deliver them to the analyzer.

I think this might have been crashing my game when trying to analyze Mealwood seeds (I sent the crash with my save file through the in-game crash report feature.)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Obtain a new mutated seed and have it on the ground alongside a handful of other, original seeds
2. Notice the dupes pick up a bunch of original seeds alongside the mutated one

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yeah... It seems so. I think it happens when mutations start (the first mutant seed of that specific plant). I didn't have a crash for a long time after making "one plant's seeds" storage bins but I also put auto-sweepers all over the place so.. .maybe that helps too until it's fixed?

Edited by sakura_sk
I don't think that anymore..

Share this comment

It seems storing different seed species in different bins prevents the crash. Sometimes when dupes deliver multiple seeds (original+unidentified) it crashes the game but sometimes it doesn't and the extra seeds are dropped in front of the analyzer.

I made a save that crashes every time (for me at least...) when the thimble reed seeds are delivered to the analyzer  Needy farm2_100 teleport seeds.sav 

I had a couple unidentified seeds in inaccessible rooms  Needy farm2_100.sav and teleported them near the analyzer. If I made the rooms accessible Needy farm2_100_check.sav, it crashed sometimes but not always (every time the chores were a little different, in different order or done by a different dupe). Putting the seeds closer to the analyzer maybe changed something..?

Share this comment

I was trying to see in what conditions the crash could be reproducible consistently. I still don't know... I've seen the botanical analyzer request "1000g (insufficient resource)" while a dupe is delivering seeds, "5kg" and "none" seeds but every time dupes deliver 5 seeds mixed [originals - unidentified] if the seed are laying on the floor and close to each other. Sometimes it crashes the game but most of the time the correct seed is delivered to the analyzer and any originals are dropped in front of it.

image.thumb.png.07fa8500e785cb705eb0911bbff46677.png 797699304_1-request5kg.thumb.png.4880cea5538296e5f184a3db8196499a.png 1159351807_2-requestnone.thumb.png.7f921bd8d75779a78ea6ebd07f25f368.png 

Did something change on how seeds stack inside storage bins (or in general)? Because I've seen cases before a crash with [original] seeds in 2 slots because of temperature difference. Is  there a chance that temperature has anything to do with the crash?

image.thumb.png.8efa4ea194d2e699de352a9abfa5e284.png

I order to reproduce a crashing of delivering seeds to Botanical analyzer, I made 3 separate farms of 4 thimble reeds each in high radiation environment, high skilled dupes farmed and fertilized them (I put a grugrub in there too)
Botanical crash2_3 farmers_.sav

Then waited until cycle 5-7, until there are mutant seeds produced in each of the farms

first time Botanical crash2_7.sav

second time Botanical crash2_3 farmers 6_2.sav

Botanical analyzer [3] crashes (almost) every time after there are some mutant seeds to analyze (after cycle 5-6)

1-2-3.thumb.png.f9683c0efc99c6796ea0a2060765cc2c.png

Share this comment

Update: None of my above saves (Needy farm2_100, Botanical crash2_7, Botanical crash_3 farmers 6_2) crash anymore

I think update 463187 fixed that (Yay! :-D )

Share this comment