Deploying multiple Orbital Cargo Modules leads to inselectable interplanetary payloads

ChrisBit
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Deploying two orbital cargo modules from the same rocket seems to lead to inselectable interplanetary cargo items from one of the deployments, not shown at all in the mouse over info. The items become selectable after save/load cycle.

Steps to Reproduce

So far it seems to happen with deploying two orbital cargo modules on the same mission. It has happened with two different rockets consisting of CO2 engine, two cargo modules and a space farer cone. First time I issued both deployments while paused. Second time I let the first deployment finish before the next.

interplanetarybug.png

User Feedback

The bug did not occur when I set a rocket to automatically deploy both orbital cargo modules for an automatic round trip (and watched the planet surface to see the shower of payloads fall). For the last case where I experienced the bug, I deployed the first module, changed focus to the planet to verify that the payloads had landed and were indeed working, then deployed the second module. A guess is that it is related to how the payloads are handled depending on whether the planet is in view or not, as it appeared that they fell instantly (spawn on ground) when deployed from the starmap.

Share this comment

Have seen this too. The cargoes could be opened with the "can opener" building though, but not directly anymore.

Share this comment

I've encountered this too before but I've been unable to consistently reproduce it. If you have a way to nearly 100% of the time reproduce the bug please let me know. At least reloading the save fixes it.

I haven't seen it happen with Interplanetary Payloads launched from the Interplanetary Launcher, only the Orbital Cargo Module. In my case I watched the payloads descend so I don't think it's related to the world you are viewing but it's an interesting thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I may have a test-case for you.

Load attached save -> go to rocket around Gurgani -> unpause (!) -> deploy uppermost payload and then check on surface. Tried 4 times, always all payloads on the surface at the beacon non-selectable. Save & load fixes it.

I did one where I deployed while paused and that worked. Then a few cycles later I deployed the 2nd one non-paused and that failed.

351x2.sav

Share this comment

On 2/15/2022 at 7:43 PM, EricKlei said:

Thanks for the save, I was able to reproduce it. I won't be able to get to fixing it right away though.

No matter. The important thing is you have a working test-case now.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 1

Share this comment