Crashing a lot when deconstructing rocket control station

NeoDeusMachina
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

This crash has been around for a while. Every time I want to deconstruct a control station it feels like I'm playing Russian roulette. I constantly try to remind myself that I need to save before my dupes get to it, just in case the game crashes - and it does that quite a lot. I have tried submitting in-game crash reports every time, but I don't know what is better, so here it is:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () (at <fe6edeebaf0d4e65b1405a87cbfd344a>:0)
RocketControlStation.GetNetwork () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RocketControlStation.cs:95)
RocketControlStation.IsLogicInputConnected () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RocketControlStation.cs:68)
RocketRestrictionSideScreen.UpdateButtonStates (System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ui/SideScreens/RocketRestrictionSideScreen.cs:50)
EventSystem.Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:161)
KMonoBehaviour.Trigger (System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
RocketControlStation.OnLogicValueChanged (System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RocketControlStation.cs:80)
RocketControlStation+<>c.<.cctor>b__24_0 (RocketControlStation component, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RocketControlStation.cs:42)
EventSystem+IntraObjectHandler`1[ComponentType].Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Object eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:111)
EventSystem.Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:148)
EventExtensions.Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:582)
LogicPorts.OnLogicValueChanged (HashedString port_id, System.Int32 new_value) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicPorts.cs:340)
LogicPorts+<>c__DisplayClass16_1.<CreatePhysicalPorts>b__1 (System.Int32 new_value) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicPorts.cs:243)
LogicEventHandler.ReceiveLogicEvent (System.Int32 value) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicCircuitManager.cs:316)
LogicCircuitNetwork.SendLogicEvents (System.Boolean force_send, System.Int32 id) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicCircuitNetwork.cs:198)
LogicCircuitManager.PropagateSignals (System.Boolean force_send_events) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicCircuitManager.cs:148)
LogicCircuitManager.Refresh (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicCircuitManager.cs:101)
LogicCircuitManager.RenderEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LogicCircuitManager.cs:89)
Game.Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1333)

Build: U39-489490-S

Steps to Reproduce

- Order your dupes to deconstruct a rocket control station

- Close your eyes (if you don't look the game won't crash, right?:wilson_confused:)

- Keep your eyes closed (in case @sakura_sk has seen a similar bug report dating a year back)

• Haha 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Nope! Sorry... I haven't seen that. :lol: 

Also, I'm not able to reproduce it either although I deconstructed a bunch of rocket control stations (in a map that had.. too many of them :rolleyes: ). Maybe it's something in your save file specifically..? Or there is a specific time of day/series or events that triggers it

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

The issue occurred when Rocket Control Stations were selected and deselected multiple times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Nope! Sorry... I haven't seen that. :lol: 

Also, I'm not able to reproduce it either although I deconstructed a bunch of rocket control stations (in a map that had.. too many of them :rolleyes: ). Maybe it's something in your save file specifically..? Or there is a specific time of day/series or events that triggers it

Hard to tell - sometimes it happens right after constructing a new rocket and immediately deconstructing the control station. Other times, the rocket has time to do rocket stuff (fly away, come back to the same platform or a different one).

Have you tried it on new rockets built after a new platform was added? I'll try and see if that could cause the crash. Some weird stuff sometimes happen with loaders/unloaders after adding new platforms...

Edit: Got ninja fixed by @EricKlei as I was typing this reply:wilson_ninja:

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ninja 1

Share this comment