Crash just after/with Klei logo

MortetheSkull
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Closed

Good evening,

game worked fine Thursday, trying to start it today resulted in a crash just at the Klei logo, so it can't even say if it thinks a mod is responsible.

What happens? - Game freezes ("not responding") and can only be killed off by stopping it within the Steam interface itself (not via the Steam popup "not responding ... force quit")

What did we try to fix it?

- Did remove the mod which updated today by hand. - No changes.

- Disabled the sync to Steam Cloud. - Now Steam at least simply shuts the game at the Klei logo.

Playing with DLC, no changes were made to game or system since Thursday. Playing on Fedora 35, worked great so far.

Steps to Reproduce

Starting the game on Steam.

User Feedback

Could you disable all mods and provide a new Player.log file? If you delete or move ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods.json that should do it without requiring you to unsubscribe from all mods.

Your log mentions the wallpaper mod's config file couldn't be loaded and it could be related to the segfault mentioned at the end of the log.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Good morning,

thank you for the quick answer. Unsubscribed on all mods and tried to start the game for the time being - did not work,  problem persists.

I will upload a new Player.log without the mods today afternoon.

Thank you for your efforts. :)

Share this comment

Hello again,

so I made another Player.log after unsubscribing all mod - the game still got closed a the Klei logo.

BUT after I moved the mods.json somewhere else, it started; so I think either something in the mods.json (which didn't update itself after removing the mods) or one of the mods (maybe the wallpaper mod) does indeed cause the problem.

I added the Player.log for both situations (unsubcribed and .json moved) to this post.

Thanks again! If you see something in the logs, please let me know, I will proceed in reapplying the mods one by one seeing which one is responsible. :D

Player_json moved.log Player_unsubscribed.log

Share this comment

Your second log shows the Mod "Freezer" is at version 1.0.0.0. That's too old, as the 1.0.3 fixes a crash after a recent game update.

Good news: you got an up-to-date "Mod Updater" mod. If you manage to launch the game and enable only this one, you'll be able to force update all other mods before re-enabling them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Fradow said:

Your second log shows the Mod "Freezer" is at version 1.0.0.0. That's too old, as the 1.0.3 fixes a crash after a recent game update.

Good news: you got an up-to-date "Mod Updater" mod. If you manage to launch the game and enable only this one, you'll be able to force update all other mods before re-enabling them.

Just what I just did! I had to re-subscribe all the mods, but now the game is starting again. :cheerful:

I'm now quite sure that the game update somehow collided with the update of one or two mods, as the Freezer was already on 1.0.2 before the crash... No matter, it's working again, so I can play this weekend. :D

Thanks for all the help. :)

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Share this comment