Crash at duplicant selection

Eldahos
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed
  1. I want to start a new game.
  2. I selected the difficulty and seed. 
  3. Then, once on duplicant selection screen, I wanted to filter for the job specialty I want at start, and then reroll my dupes until they have the wanted stats, as I usually do.
  4. The client crashes when I try to select a job, not always on the 1st job I try to select.

This basically prevents me to start any new game.

I was not able to attach a save file as I'm not able to start any new game.

PS: Now it crashed right after seed selection. The error details below are regarding this crash. I am now unfortunately not even able to reach the duplicant selection screen.

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
MinionStartingStats.GenerateAttributes (System.Int32 pointsDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] disabled_chore_groups) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:475)
MinionStartingStats..ctor (System.Boolean is_starter_minion, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:46)
CharacterContainer.GenerateCharacter (System.Boolean is_starter, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:180)
CharacterContainer+<DelayedGeneration>d__45.MoveNext () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:123)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Coroutines.cs:17)

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
MinionStartingStats.GenerateAttributes (System.Int32 pointsDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] disabled_chore_groups) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:475)
MinionStartingStats..ctor (System.Boolean is_starter_minion, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:46)
CharacterContainer.GenerateCharacter (System.Boolean is_starter, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:180)
CharacterContainer+<DelayedGeneration>d__45.MoveNext () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:123)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Coroutines.cs:17)

EDIT: I read this thread:

I had 2 games once I installed today's update. One with around 20h and an other with 2h. I decided to delete the one with 2h and then wanted to start a new game. I'm not sure the deletion is related, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Steps to Reproduce

Crash on duplicant screen repro:

1. Launch the game
  2. Reach the main menu
  3. Click on new game
  4. Select your seed
  5. Reach duplicant selection screen
  6. Try to select a job
  7. Observe the issue

Crash on seed screen repro:

1. Launch the game
  2. Reach the main menu
  3. Click on new game
  4. Select your seed, or at least try to
  5. Observe the issue

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Here is the crash infos I got from the duplicant screen selection crash:

CharacterContainer.Reshuffle (System.Boolean is_starter) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:673)
CharacterContainer.OnArchetypeEntryClick (IListableOption skill, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:748)
DropDown+<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<Build>b__1 () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ui/DropDown.cs:158)
KButton.SignalClick (KKeyCode btn) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:89)
KButton.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:130)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)

Share this comment

Yeah if you try to reroll them it seems to hold for a bit longer, I tried this as well. But ends up crashing anyway.

I also noticed with today's patch that the duplicant screen was a bit clinky on loading, taking up to 2 secondes to display everything properly. Before today's patch it was flawless and faster.

Share this comment

I got the duplicate "Tidier" on the skills selection, then nothing worked after that. the startup sequence worked, but would black-hole at random times returning to the skills selection screen

Share this comment

For my last colony prior to the update I spent almost an hour rolling dupes looking for a few specific combinations. I didn't have a single problem with it then. Today I downloaded the update and then tried to start a new colony and had the exact same issue as above. Sometimes it lets me reroll a few times before crashing. Sometimes it crashes immediately. 

If I take the default dupes it offers, or manage to roll without it crashing, I'm able to load into the game as normal. 

Share this comment

An other attemp, crash right after seed selection.

New comment:

I just installed the hotfix that got released not long ago.

I'm on duplicant's screen rerolling for some minutes, no crash.

I think we can call that a fix!

Edited by Eldahos

Share this comment